Arrival / Departure

OSUTRIKERS

Not having cruised from SJ before, I am presuming it best to fly in day before so there are no surprises getting there. However, on departing, the ship arrives at 6 a.m. With debarkation, how hard is it to get to airport and out on the same day you arrive? Best to play safe and opt for late afternoon? Thanks

We had a 12:20pm flight earlier this year and made that with no problems whatsoever, in fact we had to wait an hour at the Airport for our luggage to arrive as we used the ships Transfer where they put your luggage in a separate van. Not recommended!!

Next year we have the same flight time, but will use a taxi instead as it is also cheaper.

Not having cruised from SJ before, I am presuming it best to fly in day before so there are no surprises getting there. However, on departing, the ship arrives at 6 a.m. With debarkation, how hard is it to get to airport and out on the same day you arrive? Best to play safe and opt for late afternoon? Thanks

At the end of the cruise? There are tons and tons of cabs waiting

to take people to the airport....not hard at all and no, you don't need

a late afternoon flight home (unless you just prefer it that way).

I have sailed out of San Juan several times over the years and am

going again in November:)......my flight home leaves at 1:30pm.

Anybody have an idea of how much taxi was from port to airport?

The taxi fees are regulated by Zones...it should be approx $20-25.00 for two of you and luggage...As you get in the taxi you will be given a written fee zone schedule....very easy and cheap and honest driver's.

The taxi fees are regulated by Zones...it should be approx $20-25.00 for two of you and luggage...As you get in the taxi you will be given a written fee zone schedule....very easy and cheap and honest driver's.

Thanks Ashland, it'll be 4 in my family and then my parents will have to have their own probably because she has an electric wheelchair. Hopefully they can accommodate.