HAL possible changes to certain itinerary's

JP1320

Although we have not heard anything official, the current climate on immigrants is worrying. Many people are already booked to visit Greece, Turkey and many more possible trouble spots. I am sure that this will have an impact on the Cruise industry in general but wondered if anybody had heard anything officially from our much loved HAL.

:cool::cool::cool:

My friends just returned last week from a stay in Prague, a river boat cruise and stay in Budapest. They were in no way impacted with the sad situation in Turkey. Of course, the situation is fluid and who knows what it will be day to day. If HAL feels it is unsafe for guests, crew or ship, they will change/skip ports.

Edited by sail7seas

Although we have not heard anything official, the current climate on immigrants is worrying. Many people are already booked to visit Greece, Turkey and many more possible trouble spots. I am sure that this will have an impact on the Cruise industry in general but wondered if anybody had heard anything officially from our much loved HAL.

:cool::cool::cool:

While there is a migration crisis in Europe, most of the Syrians/Iraqis/Kurds/etc. want to move thru and on to Austria, Germany and NW Europe - which should have little impact on cruises. It's not like attempting to visit Tunisia/Libya/Egypt during "Arab Spring", after all.

Today we received a message from Hal that on 2 nov 2015 we will not be in MYtilene (lesbos, Greece) but because of security reasons it is changed to KUSADASI Turkey.

We are sailing with te MS Rotterdam.

I am not so sure if Turkey is less dangerous.

Today we received a message from Hal that on 2 nov 2015 we will not be in MYtilene (lesbos, Greece) but because of security reasons it is changed to KUSADASI Turkey.

Kusadasi is a bit special as a small city and somewhat out of the way so cannot see a lot of immigrants in the area. You may love Kusadasi as the Ephesus ruins are amazing and not to be missed. Seems like most issues in Turkey are centered in Istanbul with riots, etc. while Greece is more island centered.

Lesbos, Greece has been a major entry into Europe for the immigrants. I've seen a number of reports with respect to Lesbos.

Budapest had terrible congestion and struggles at train station for immigrants trying to get transportation.

Consider yourselves very lucky. Kudsadai has some of the most incredible ruins ever. GO and enjoy. We were totally blown away. Pictures just don't do it.

Kusadasi is a bit special as a small city and somewhat out of the way so cannot see a lot of immigrants in the area. You may love Kusadasi as the Ephesus ruins are amazing and not to be missed. Seems like most issues in Turkey are centered in Istanbul with riots, etc. while Greece is more island centered.

totally agree. Ephesus is incredible.

there were riots in Istanbul when we were there and all we had to do (warned) was avoid one square. There were no issues at all and Istanbul is an incredible city.

Turkey is a large country and most parts of it are perfectly safe (including Kusadasi). On the other hand, Lesbos has been very much in the mix of the refugee path to Europe. It sounds to me like the "powers that be" at HAL are on top of the situation. In fact, if it's one thing I'd say has been true over the years, it's that the cruise lines err on the side of caution when it comes to making these kinds of decisions.