Cabin Assignment Question..

lild428

I'll try to make this painless to read:

Booked Getaway 12/6 back in July through Priceline - guaranteed inside room

Prices dropped before final payment.. like by a lot.. so I called Priceline and adjusted my booking.. changed to category IA - mid ship inside

Logged in today on ncl.com to see they assigned me cabin 9401.. category I2

I see how NCL thinks that they upgraded me.. but honestly that cabin blows when I booked a category IA.. I figured I would get something in that category.. mid ship.. wouldn't care what deck. that's why i booked it.

NCL basically told me too bad so sad, we don't care, there's nothing you can do now except pay the now almost double what i paid prices..

do I have any kind of argument here? who deals with pre cruise customer relations? everyone at ncl i have talked to has been insanely rude and unhelpful, it's made me SO angry and disappointed. i literally was on the phone for over an hour being bounced around from person/department to person/department.

am i being ridiculous thinking that i should be moved or offered something (a dinner, obc, anything)?

changed to category IA - mid ship inside

I see how NCL thinks that they upgraded me..

do I have any kind of argument here?

am i being ridiculous thinking that i should be moved or offered something (a dinner, obc, anything)?

No.

Yes.

By the contract NCL has the right to upgrade you at their discretion and they have. It's all done by the contract, you do not have a case there.

Edited by Demonyte

Prices dropped before final payment.. like by a lot.. so I called Priceline and adjusted my booking.. changed to category IA - mid ship inside

I see how NCL thinks that they upgraded me.. but honestly that cabin blows when I booked a category IA.. I figured I would get something in that category.. mid ship.. wouldn't care what deck. that's why i booked it.

NCL basically told me too bad so sad, we don't care, there's nothing you can do now except pay the now almost double what i paid prices..

do I have any kind of argument here? who deals with pre cruise customer relations? everyone at ncl i have talked to has been insanely rude and unhelpful, it's made me SO angry and disappointed. i literally was on the phone for over an hour being bounced around from person/department to person/department.

Yes, you are being ridiculous thinking you should be moved. You booked a GTY cabin with a TRAVEL AGENT and you're calling Norwegian. Your booking was owned by the agent, in your case Priceline. When you book a GTY its a gamble! If you wanted a certain cabin level you should have paid more and booked the level and cabin you wanted.

Too bad, so sad.....

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Two points need to be clarified...

1) When you made the change, did you book an IA category outright, or did you book an IA category guarantee?

2) Why call Norwegian when your booking is through Priceline? You should ALWAYS call your Travel Agent for any issues with your booking. You are wasting your time calling the cruise line on this one. Call your booking agent.

Yes, you are being ridiculous thinking you should be moved. You booked a GTY cabin with a TRAVEL AGENT and you're calling Norwegian. Your booking was owned by the agent, in your case Priceline. When you book a GTY its a gamble! If you wanted a certain cabin level you should have paid more and booked the level and cabin you wanted.

Too bad, so sad.....

thank you for the pleasant response, really appreciate it! :)

and fyi, i called priceline first.. i'm not an idiot.. they referred me to ncl via a number they gave me

and i didn't just book a plain guaranteed room btw.. i did book a specific category.. IA

Edited by lild428

Two points need to be clarified...

1) When you made the change, did you book an IA category outright, or did you book an IA category guarantee?

2) Why call Norwegian when your booking is through Priceline? You should ALWAYS call your Travel Agent for any issues with your booking. You are wasting your time calling the cruise line on this one. Call your booking agent.

i booked an IA category.. apparently it was a guaranteed IA? i didn't even realize that existed. usually i just book outright guaranteed rooms because they're the cheapest. but this time i figured i'd be placed in category IA.. on whatever deck they decided. but instead they "upgraded" me to category I2 and i'm in the very front of the ship.

looking back at it, i should've just kept my original category of guaranteed inside.. i probably would've ended up with a better location!

i booked an IA category.. apparently it was a guaranteed IA? i didn't even realize that existed. usually i just book outright guaranteed rooms because they're the cheapest. but this time i figured i'd be placed in category IA.. on whatever deck they decided. but instead they "upgraded" me to category I2 and i'm in the very front of the ship.

looking back at it, i should've just kept my original category of guaranteed inside.. i probably would've ended up with a better location!

Guarantees exits for virtually every meta (except for Studios and Suites). There is no such thing as an "Inside Guarantee", there will be a specific Inside cabin category (I2,IA, IC, IX, etc) that is booked as a guarantee.

For example. An IX guarantee means you can be placed in any Inside that is IX or better. (Which is all insides as IX is the lowest)

An IA guarantee means that you can be placed in an I1, I2, or an IA cabin. But not, for example, in an IB cabin.

It would be Priceline's responsibility to explain this to you (especially since they are being PAID to handle your booking) and to handle any and all issues related to your booking. They should never push you off on the cruise line.

Edited by SeaShark

Guarantees exits for virtually every meta (except for Studios and Suites). There is no such thing as an "Inside Guarantee", there will be a specific Inside cabin category (I2,IA, IC, IX, etc) that is booked as a guarantee.

For example. An IX guarantee means you can be placed in any Inside that is IX or better. (Which is all insides as IX is the lowest)

An IA guarantee means that you can be placed in an I1, I2, or an IA cabin. But not, for example, in an IB cabin.

It would be Priceline's responsibility to explain this to you (especially since they are being PAID to handle your booking) and to handle any and all issues related to your booking. They should never push you off on the cruise line.

i'll call them back later tonight then. and then i'll just stalk prices from now until december. ended up snagging the booking for like $350pp so i suppose i cannot complain too much. just some more walking. but honestly the way i was treated by ncl was ridiculous.. no matter what the circumstance

i'll call them back later tonight then. and then i'll just stalk prices from now until december. ended up snagging the booking for like $350pp so i suppose i cannot complain too much. just some more walking. but honestly the way i was treated by ncl was ridiculous.. no matter what the circumstance

So you got the Getaway for $350 pp? That's cheap. Don't seem to see that on the price tracking website to have ever had a price that cheap for the Getaway.

When you switched to IA, did you get the lower price? At that time, you should have asked Priceline to assign a cabin for you. By leaving it as a guarantee, you are leaving it to NCL to assign your cabin. Once assigned, there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately...

So you got the Getaway for $350 pp? That's cheap. Don't seem to see that on the price tracking website to have ever had a price that cheap for the Getaway.

/QUOTE]

What is the price tracking website? Sounds like a helpful tool.

T

Unless they gave you a specific cabin number when you upgraded to the IA, then you booked an IA guarantee. Guarantees can come in pretty much any cabin category; it just means you'll get that category or higher.

If your TA didn't explain that well, that's a shame, but NCL won't do anything for you. You can complain to your TA, but I wouldn't expect much sympathy. It's kind of just the way it works. Whenever you book a guarantee, you have to be OK with receiving any room in that category as well as any categories that are listed above the category that you received.

9401 isn't a terrible location. It's all the way forward, but you aren't under the theater or anything.

One time I booked an obstructed oceanview, and wound up with the most forward oceanview underneath the theater, which was a porthole. But that's just the way guarantees work. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you don't.

Keep checking prices and see if an I1 or a Oceanview fall into your price range, then you can upgrade. Otherwise you're just going to have to stick with the I2.

Edited by dcipjr

/QUOTE]

T

We aren't allowed to mention it here.

By the way, have I mentioned that I enjoy cruises and fishing?

When you switched to IA, did you get the lower price? At that time, you should have asked Priceline to assign a cabin for you. By leaving it as a guarantee, you are leaving it to NCL to assign your cabin. Once assigned, there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately...

yes, about $350, maybe a little less, i'd have to look at my invoice.

i did get the lower price.. i switched because i figured i would get category IA by booking IA lol so i wanted to get a mid ship. i could've saved even more money by just adjusting the price. an inside guarantee (IX) was even lower in price.

/QUOTE]

T

i've never book with NCL directly.. prices are always so much higher. i just keep stalking the place i book through and watch the prices that way. don't use any kind of tool.. it only takes a minute for me to check this way.

i did get the lower price.. i switched because i figured i would get category IA by booking IA lol so i wanted to get a mid ship. i could've saved even more money by just adjusting the price. an inside guarantee (IX) was even lower in price.

IX GTY is not inside guarantee but category IX guarantee, it merely guarantees you to category IX or higher - just like your IA GTY did.

I recently saw the Priceline listing for Getaway insides around $350 - was amazed! Those cheap rates weren't on Priceline a few days later, and I didn't see them on the tracking website I've been using lately (as a side note, I like both cruises and plums).

Priceline has had some incredible NCL cruise prices lately.

I recently saw the Priceline listing for Getaway insides around $350 - was amazed! Those cheap rates weren't on Priceline a few days later, and I didn't see them on the tracking website I've been using lately (as a side note, I like both cruises and plums).

Priceline has had some incredible NCL cruise prices lately.

haha yeah i noticed the price and jumped on rebooking to save almost $400 total. those prices didn't last more than a day lol hopefully they'll drop again in the upcoming weeks. i'll just check every day..