Holiday 12 night cruise with small children.

kazazzz

This December is our 10 year anniversary and I booked us a 12 day cruise that runs from December 23 to Jan 4.

Our kids are 5 and 3yo, they have cruised twice before on carnival and loved it.

This is be our first holiday cruise and first rccl cruise and was wondering about details of Christmas on rccl while on this ship. I think it will be fun and exciting for the kids but was wondering if anyone out there had done a holiday cruise with younger children like ours. (Or are we the only ones crazy enough to do this lol)

My son will also turn 6yo while on the cruise.

Just seeing if anyone had any thoughts on maximizing our experience.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cb, totally agree. We agreed this would probably be the only time for quite a while that we did a cruise over the holidays for that reason. The good side is that with my job situation we will actually be getting to spend 13 days together as a family instead of just a few days. We also plan on doing Christmas normally just a little early, luckily neither of them can read a calendar yet!

My daughter was 8 on our first holiday cruise (our last three cruises were over Christmas/New Years) but on Princess, which does decorate its ships, have parties for the kids on board, has special menus (it was formal dinners on either 12/24 or 12/25 on each of those cruises). Crew members sang carols in the Grand Atrium. Balloon drops and the countdown on NYE. Each kid was given a toy or beanie baby.

For us it was great because we didn't have to worry about crowded malls with stressed out people. I packed a couple of little toys for presents (if you're flying, don't wrap them until you get on the ship). I even found a foam sticky menorah for the cruise that was also over Hanukkah (turned out many families brought their menorahs and there were candle lightings in special ceremonies in a very crowded lounge).

Let me suggest that you post this on the RCI Board.

We have done holiday cruises twice but on different lines. I think they are very special and the kids will have a great time.

You are not crazy at all.

Bring a few gifts for the kids to unwrap on Christmas Day.

On the ships that we have sailed there was a Santa on Christmas Day and each child got a gift and the ships are decorated beautifully for the holidays.

Again, post this on the RCI Board. You will have a great time. Take lots of photos. These are wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.

Keith

I am not much help as I haven't cruised over Christmas or new years but I am sure you can make it just as fun as if you were at home.

The ships decorate for Christmas with at least one huge tree.....(from the videos I have seen on youtube) and ring in the new year as well.

Pack a little Christmas tree for your room...if you have a balcony, buy some battery operated lights for the balcony railing.... window clings for the mirror or window...and maybe some magnetic decorations for your stateroom door....you could even pack a few birthday decorations or pay for the birthday package for your one who will be turning 6.

And then pack a few gifts for each kiddo for Christmas and have them open them up on Christmas morning.

I think this would be less stressful as I wouldn't have to worry about cooking Christmas dinner and then cleaning it up :)

We did a Christmas cruise when my kids were little and my kids loved it and to this day it is still their favorite! We had a few wrapped presents and arraigned to have a small Christmas tree delivered to our room. The kids had a blast decorating it with paper drink umbrellas and anything else they could find ( the one thing I didn't think to pack was decorations!) lots of Christmas things to do and the ship was all decorated! We r from Maryland so this was the first (and only) time my kids got to go swimming on Christmas n they were thrilled to spend Christmas Day in the pool! I loved it because I didn't have to cook and we got to spend the entire week together as a family!

• 2 weeks later...
We did a Christmas cruise when my kids were little and my kids loved it and to this day it is still their favorite! We had a few wrapped presents and arraigned to have a small Christmas tree delivered to our room. The kids had a blast decorating it with paper drink umbrellas and anything else they could find ( the one thing I didn't think to pack was decorations!) lots of Christmas things to do and the ship was all decorated! We r from Maryland so this was the first (and only) time my kids got to go swimming on Christmas n they were thrilled to spend Christmas Day in the pool! I loved it because I didn't have to cook and we got to spend the entire week together as a family!

I am originally from Delaware so I completely understand about the weather lol