Concierge Lounge on any other Cruise Line

lrovnan

I'm Platinum and almost Diamond. This is a perk i'm really looking forward to AFTER I have earned it. It really bothers me to read posts from people that want to use the CL for their guests that are not entitled or those that want to try to sneak in for a free drink. Those people are going to spoil it for everyone with their greed.

Perks are worth nothing if people are allowed to steal them. I hope RCI reads these threads and cards everyone in their CL's.

The answer is NO. Platinum guests have not yet earned the privilige. Could you get away with it? Maybe. Depends on the concierge. Doesn't make it right though. I think that if the privilige is getting abused, then RCI will curtail it's use and the people that have actually earned it will end up the losers starting with the Diamond C&A members. People that pay for suite have paid for the service, Diamond members have EARNED it. Just don't do it. It's rude, selfish and disrespectful.

If you are Diamond and your travel campanion is Platinum AND you are both in the same cabin, then YES, you will be given 2 cards to the Concierge.

Met several couples in the same situation. At least that's how it was done on Serenade.

The answer is NO. Platinum guests have not yet earned the privilige. Could you get away with it? Maybe. Depends on the concierge. Doesn't make it right though. I think that if the privilige is getting abused, then RCI will curtail it's use and the people that have actually earned it will end up the losers starting with the Diamond C&A members. People that pay for suite have paid for the service, Diamond members have EARNED it. Just don't do it. It's rude, selfish and disrespectful.

I wasn't planning to abuse the privilege and bring all my friends and family with me...just my travel companion who would be sharing my cabin with me.

I will be on VOS this Sunday, staying in a GS, so I can legally enter the CL (only kidding!) Are there computers in the VOS CL? I've noticed computers mentioned in two previous posts, but neither party was on VOS. I'm very curious. I need a way to keep in touch with DH and the kids (at home)!

We are going on Voyager Sunday. My two aunts are in a suite that's a category higher than a Junior Suite (can't remember what it's called) and my Grandma and her sister are in a Junior Suite. Me and DH and mo-in-law are in plain old Atrium cabins. Wouldn't ya know it - none of the suite guests drink. So, do you think if they accompanied DH and I to the concierge lounge, DH and I could score some drinks??? After we've shown our face in the concierge lounge with the family, could DH and I go back alone for drinks? Just checking to see what limits we can push . . . Thanks for the advice.

As you've read, no you are not entitled to use the CL. If you want that perk, you have to book the appropriate category.

Also, I wanted to make sure that you know that Junior Suites do not have access to the CL. It's for Grand Suites and above (plus the Diamond C&A members) only.

beachchick

I was just on the VOS two weeks ago, and I'm sorry to say that there are no computers in the CL. The RC online room never seemed all that crowded though, so it shouldn't be a problem getting online. Enjoy that GS....that's what we had.....very nice!

I will be on VOS this Sunday, staying in a GS, so I can legally enter the CL (only kidding!) Are there computers in the VOS CL? I've noticed computers mentioned in two previous posts, but neither party was on VOS. I'm very curious. I need a way to keep in touch with DH and the kids (at home)!

stretch05 - thanks for your answer. I guess I'll go to the computer room. Another question about the grand suite - is the closet big enough for 3 women (sisters) and all their clothes? We won't be doing formal night, so no gowns or anything...but one of the sisters (not me!) is a fanatic about pressed clothes, so she will need to hang all of her T-shirts, etc.

Without a doubt you will have plenty of room! There are three separate closets. Plus there are plenty of storage areas EVERYWHERE in the GS....including the bathroom. You will be more than comfortable. Enjoy your trip....Bermuda is lovely.

stretch05 - thanks for your answer. I guess I'll go to the computer room. Another question about the grand suite - is the closet big enough for 3 women (sisters) and all their clothes? We won't be doing formal night, so no gowns or anything...but one of the sisters (not me!) is a fanatic about pressed clothes, so she will need to hang all of her T-shirts, etc.

The closet is certainly large enough for the clothes, but it would be a little tight with the three sisters in there, too. :D

We met OS and GS Pax everynight 5 to 8:30 for drinks and stories and the beautiful view from the Concierge on the Serenade. Nice hot and cold Houres deuvres every night.

Meritza(concierge ) Just let us have at it free pouring from the bar because we were all such piss tanks she could not keep up. So everynight she just put out our favorite spirits and let the good times roll.

We enjoyed the CL on the Ziederdam last April. It had coffee and pastries for breakfast, so easy to slip in with only a bathrobe to grab coffee for my DW, and later in the day great finger sandwiches and additonal goodies in the evening. No liquor, which is fine since we have the bar in our cabin. We are booked on the Westerdam in December and so we know what to expect.

What we are looking forward to is the CL on the Jewel of the Seas in April of next year. We have an OS booked b2b to the Baltic, and after hearing so much about the uniqueness of RCCL lounge, we are looking forward to it. So, all of you old time CL users, what brand of vodka is served? Being a martini drinker, can I rely on the CL for great martini's or do I continue to be my own source?:D

Rick

DH and I will be on Serenade in November. We booked a junior suite, but now that we are bona fide diamond c&a members we are looking forward to seeing the CL. Can anyone tell me if the lounge is open all day, or just in the morning and evening? Also, can anyone describe the lounge? By this I mean size, seating, bar? Thanks!

We enjoyed the CL on the Ziederdam last April. It had coffee and pastries for breakfast, so easy to slip in with only a bathrobe to grab coffee for my DW, and later in the day great finger sandwiches and additonal goodies in the evening. No liquor, which is fine since we have the bar in our cabin. We are booked on the Westerdam in December and so we know what to expect.

What we are looking forward to is the CL on the Jewel of the Seas in April of next year. We have an OS booked b2b to the Baltic, and after hearing so much about the uniqueness of RCCL lounge, we are looking forward to it. So, all of you old time CL users, what brand of vodka is served? Being a martini drinker, can I rely on the CL for great martini's or do I continue to be my own source?:D

Rick

Rick, I don't recall the exact brand on the Enchantment, but I know that I was never tempted to pour any for myself, so it must have been very very basic stuff. Pack your own. :D (oops, did *I* suggest BREAKING THE RULES? Smack me!)

Carol

Rick, I don't recall the exact brand on the Enchantment, but I know that I was never tempted to pour any for myself, so it must have been very very basic stuff. Pack your own. :D (oops, did *I* suggest BREAKING THE RULES? Smack me!)

Carol

Smack!! Me BREAK THE RULES?:D ...........Could have been something like Popov............Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............as I recall, you had a GS, well stocked.........that you "obviously" enjoyed, recalling some of your posts "Live from the Enchantment" LOL :D :D

Rick

Carol

Carol, you would never suggest anything like that. You would flat out tell them it's the only way to do it.:D

Smack!! Me BREAK THE RULES?:D ...........Could have been something like Popov............Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............as I recall, you had a GS, well stocked.........that you "obviously" enjoyed, recalling some of your posts "Live from the Enchantment" LOL :D :D

Rick

And coincidentally enough, the PA state stores have a SALE this week on Jack Daniels!!! Now, is that a sign, or what? ;)

I sailed with Carnival several times in a category 12 suite.You're right,absolutely nothing.The last time I sailed with them right before boarding they informed us in the lounge they were running late and would not be able to have priority boarding and sent us to the back of a huge line behind people that arrived after us.No loyalty program either.This was one of the factors for us switching to RCI.

I've never sailed Carnival, but could it be that their prices are generally lower, so they dispense with all the "perks" ... sort of like Southwest Airlines? Just curious.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived