Lfk...

Vacation23

Can someone tell me the difference in the $55.00 package vs the $88.00 package? I'm reading comments on this board that people say don't do the $88.00 package do the $55.00. Why is that? With the $55.00 package do you get to use non-motorized equipment and snorkeling equipment? If someone that has recently been there can give me some information on this I would greatly appreciate it!

According to their website:

$55 gets you "Entrance to the private Island and with use of the facility and visit to the zoo" (which may no longer be there).

$88 gets you "Use of our facilities and all non-motorized equipment such as snorkeling gears, Kayaks, chaise lounges, etc. Lunch and 2 drinks included, guided Tour of our Private Zoo with friendly and tamed Monkeys, Macaws Parrots, Toucan and Jaguar Cubs, Island Rabbit and Island Deer." (again which may no longer be there).

So in effect, you're paying $33 for lunch, a couple of drinks and a kayak. Not that lunch isn't good (Frenchy's 44 restaurant staff) and a kayak rental alone is almost that much for a 1/2 hour at Mahogany Bay.

Edited by crewsweeper

We were there on our Sept. 20, 2015 sailing. Most of the animals are still there. In addition to the named things, it also gets you the most beautiful, well maintained and incredibly friendly place ever. There is shade available everywhere as well as hammocks and loungers. Multiple beach areas so you can opt for "party" or nap. This was our first visit there as we always went to Tabyana before. It is now our go to place for Roatan. The snorkeling on their tour was incredible!!!

We were just there at LFK on October 1st. Let me just say first of all that this an absolutely beautiful place and a wonderful excursion. We LOVED it and will go back in the future if our itinerary includes Roatan. The staff is excellent and will really take care of you. We chose the $88 package. It appears to me (although the wording was a little vague on the descriptions of the packages) that the difference is the inclusion of lunch and beverages on the $88 deal. I guess you have to decide if you are going to stay on the island for lunch or go somewhere else. The lunch included shrimp, lobster, beef, red beans & rice, tortilla chips, salsa, etc. It was excellent. I found the "zoo" to be rather uneventful and wasn't really impressed with it. There were some small monkeys, a poor lion that was rescued from a circus- it basically slept the entire time, some birds, some rooster/chickens?, a couple of dogs (rescues?), and that's about it. There were no panthers. And, there is definitely no need for a "guided tour" of the zoo. We did not make reservations as we wanted to see what the weather was like. I did check to see how many other ships would be there on the day and we were the only ship. The place was not crowded at all. I can highly recommend LFK.

~Eddy

Royal Caribbean, Song of America – 1984

Royal Caribbean, Majesty OTS – 1994

Royal Caribbean, Enchantment OTS – 1997

Royal Caribbean, Explorer OTS – 2009

Celebrity, Equinox – 2010

Royal Caribbean, Liberty OTS – 2011

Royal Caribbean, Majesty OTS – 2011

Royal Caribbean, Allure OTS – 2012

Royal Caribbean, Allure OTS – 2013

Royal Caribbean, Freedom OTS – 2014

Royal Caribbean, Navigator OTS – 2015

Did you see anyone giving massages? If so, do you know what the charge was?

The $88 price seems steep when basically it includes lunch while the $55 package doesn't. Those who've tried the lunch say it was very good though. I would love to try the lunch but not at $33 extra. Is there anything else besides the guided tour of the zoo (which is not necessary) that is included for the $33?

I am in the exact same predicament. Going without lunch would save us $66, and we could really use that. I'm wondering if we would be able to go back to the ship for lunch and then possibly return to the island for a little bit. My ship will be there from 9am-7pm so we have all day.

I am in the exact same predicament. Going without lunch would save us $66, and we could really use that. I'm wondering if we would be able to go back to the ship for lunch and then possibly return to the island for a little bit. My ship will be there from 9am-7pm so we have all day.

I know how you feel. I wish I knew if you could buy just a snack. I had heard that before the only food available was the lunch plate. I have seen a picture of the drink menu and the drinks don't look too expensive so buying one or two a piece a la cart sounds fine. I just really would prefer to buy a small snack, knowing we will eat a big breakfast before we get off the boat and eat a large dinner when we get back...

I posted this in another forum and this is what I learned. You can't buy snacks. If you eat a big breakfast and bring packaged snacks you should be fine. It would be a hassle to go back to the ship for lunch. But I also learned that there is a comparable beach closer to the port area that is free.

I posted this in another forum and this is what I learned. You can't buy snacks. If you eat a big breakfast and bring packaged snacks you should be fine. It would be a hassle to go back to the ship for lunch. But I also learned that there is a comparable beach closer to the port area that is free.

We are not on Carnival so I don't think MB is free for us. I did see a picture of the menu at LFK and it shows that you can get yuca chips and salsa for $5 and the drinks are less than $10. We may just skip the meal and order chips if we need a snack and get a couple drinks. May only save us $10-15 a piece but its something. I just hate pay for drinks and food that are included on my boat (have a free drink package on NCL).

I think u still get everything except llunch and drinks for 55 u may want to email

Exactly. In my case, I've decided to forgo the lunch.. I just can't justify paying $66 more for lunch for two.. I'll bring a box of granola bars when I embark and save them for the excursion..as far as liquor.. A drink or two is fine w me.. And my purse will help..lol... 😋 now I need to decide should I pay $110 for LFK or should I opt for he free beach.. Free sounds nice but LFK has some rave reviews and I'd really hate to miss out over a measly 100 bucks.. And as long as my money is going into good hands I'm ok with it ☺😊

We are not on Carnival so I don't think MB is free for us. I did see a picture of the menu at LFK and it shows that you can get yuca chips and salsa for $5 and the drinks are less than $10. We may just skip the meal and order chips if we need a snack and get a couple drinks. May only save us $10-15 a piece but its something. I just hate pay for drinks and food that are included on my boat (have a free drink package on NCL).
Edited by racheltineo

I know how you feel. I wish I knew if you could buy just a snack. I had heard that before the only food available was the lunch plate. I have seen a picture of the drink menu and the drinks don't look too expensive so buying one or two a piece a la cart sounds fine. I just really would prefer to buy a small snack, knowing we will eat a big breakfast before we get off the boat and eat a large dinner when we get back...

Where have you seen a picture of the menu? I would also like to compare and see how much the lunch costs and options. With 5 people in my family, that big package is expensive, and my kids would probably get by with snacks and 2 lunches between the 3 of them.

Where have you seen a picture of the menu? I would also like to compare and see how much the lunch costs and options. With 5 people in my family, that big package is expensive, and my kids would probably get by with snacks and 2 lunches between the 3 of them.

Mickey, it is $33 more for the lunch and two drinks.. We decided to go without.. It will save us $66.. We will eat a big breakfast, bring packaged snacks and stay until we are ready to eat. We may forgo lfk altogether and opt for the free each, I haven't decided yet.

A pic of the menu can be found on Trip Advisor here, is the system allows for posting links to that page. I can get the pis to open in a new window, something about the coding is stopping it.

The menu reads:

Mix plate $22

Chicken / beef $15

Chips/Salsa $5

There is a list of mixed drinks ranging from $5 to $8 and Beers for $5

There have been whispers of a pizza joint, there are pics but I have not heard anyone say they are making pizza.

You all rock! Thanks so much for the quick replies. We are spending money in this port and doing free in costa maya and cheap in Cozumel and Belize. Don't know when I'll be back in Honduras again so I want to do this now.