Zipline Help

Devo1459

Cruising on the Magic Jan 3rd. Where is the best Zipline and did you go thru the ship or private? I assume that zipping on Cozumel is lame since its so flat. But is Roatan flat out better then Belize? I heard the ride to Belize is long plus the tender ride. Any help would be appreciated.

We did the cavetubing and zipline combo through victor reyes (cavetubing dot bz) in Belize. It was nice and we felt extremely safe.

We also went in Roatan, I don't remember the name of the place. We had fun, but we really didn't feel safe there. The platforms were just sheets of plywood, and not even securely attached :eek: We survived though, obviously. And I got to see some monkeys afterwards :)

I heard the ride to Belize is long plus the tender ride. Any help would be appreciated.

We got a really nice 'city/country' tour during the hour or so ride from the port to where we ziplined in Belize. I thought it was great. So I wouldn't discount the excursion just because of that. The tender ride isn't that bad.

We did the Extremely Extreme Zipline through Pirates of the Caribbean in Roatan and loved it. The first cable is almost 2000 ft long and you are 350+ft high at the highest point. Will def do it next time we are in Roatan.

I second this! We did the extremely extreme the first time and then on our second trip the extreme. Extreme has more rope bridges and less zips. We are going again but this time going back to the extremely extreme.

We really like South Shore Canopy. I highly recommend Ronystours.com. We've used him many times. He's so friendly. You will have a great day with him. He can also take you to see the monkeys and/or to visit a gorgeous West Bay Beach - all on your own schedule at your own pace. We just LOVE Roatan!

We did the Extremely Extreme Zipline through Pirates of the Caribbean in Roatan and loved it. The first cable is almost 2000 ft long and you are 350+ft high at the highest point. Will def do it next time we are in Roatan.
We also went with Pirates of the Caribbean and had a wonderful time! The employees made sure we were comfortable and safe. The views while zipping across were beautiful! Pirates also offers private tours for the day. We have used their tour service every time we've been to Roatan and request the same driver (Edder) every time. They can take you anywhere you'd like to go across the island and we save tons by going with them rather than through the cruise line. Wonderful time!!

• 4 weeks later...
I second this! We did the extremely extreme the first time and then on our second trip the extreme. Extreme has more rope bridges and less zips. We are going again but this time going back to the extremely extreme.

Birdy,

Thanks for the information. So the difference between the two tours is that the Extremely Extreme is all ziplines and the Extreme is ziplines with rope bridges thrown in?

Do they pick you up at the port or do you have to get there yourself? How far are they from the port? We are looking to zipline, but we only want to be gone for 2-3 hours. We wanted to have time to shop and hit a few bars near the port. Will this be possible?

Thank you very much!!

• 2 weeks later...

Which company has the best braking? We are taking my 80 year old mother on her first zip (our 7th). Wasn't sure if the glove brake is easy enough or maybe one of these companies have some sort of braking system besides gloves to help.

We were thinking of the Pirates in Roatan but haven't booked yet to leave options open. We sail end of Jan.

Thanks all

We will be on the same cruise. Last time in Roatan we did South Shore with Christopher Tours and had a great time. This time we are using Ronys Tours and doing Pirates extremely extreme. In Belize we usually go to ruins as thats the best port for those on this itinerary. Someone told me the cave tubbing was a little bkring.

• 3 weeks later...

I would also like to know the difference between extreme extreme and just extreme. When researching, it seems that extreme extreme has less ziplines- but longer time zipping to next platform.

Any suggestions on which would be best?

Which company has the best braking? We are taking my 80 year old mother on her first zip (our 7th). Wasn't sure if the glove brake is easy enough or maybe one of these companies have some sort of braking system besides gloves to help.

We were thinking of the Pirates in Roatan but haven't booked yet to leave options open. We sail end of Jan.

Thanks all

Go to ronystours. and look up one of their zip lining excusions. They break down all of the zip lining options in the area: how many lines, rope bridges, length of lines, what type of break systems they use and more.

Even if you don't want to book through them the site is very informative. I haven't used them, but got turned onto them by another cc member. I haven't decided which excursion. I want to do yet.

• 4 weeks later...

We have done both South Shore and Pirates. I would do south shore again, but not pirates. Pirates starts with the longest zip, and then they get shorter and lower. South Shore is the opposite, starts small and works up to the longest and highest. South Shore is also much more scenic. They safety at south shore also seemed better. Our harnesses at pirates involved some rope tied into knots. The guides at pirates also shook the ziplines, which made my husband very uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk