Your new host is..........

Hi Shiona - welcome as our host! Your old username rings a bell. Hope you find the host position a bit of fun.

While I like to go over to the dark side and visit the RCI and Celebrity boards from time to time (they get very serious and snippy sometimes), the Aussie/NZ is my first port of call most days, and it is a much more relaxed atmosphere here. :) The threads wander around from the original subject every now and then, and that ends up being a good laugh more often than not.

It is nice that they finally allocated us a host. I am sure Louise has done more than we realise to keep it nice here, and thanks to her for that also. :)

Hi Goodycruising whoops hope it was a good bell the old me rang lol i to love the carefree not too confrontational helpful attitude we Aus/Nz'ers have adopted ...it's what we are all about.

I also say a big thanks to Louise for keeping us all under control :) and i am sure she will agree that at the moment we have a wonderful bunch of CC members here and hopefully many many more will join us.

Hey Shiona, Congratulations, I am sure you will do a great job and be a great asset and advisor for all of us.:)

Looking forward to reading all your comments in the future:rolleyes:

Regards,

Bob and Chris

Bob and Chris many thanks for your congrats ... keeping my fingers crossed i can live up to all the expectations ... :)

Congratulations. I have seen the topic of appointing a AUS/NZ host here on the boards for a little while now and glad to see someone has been appointed! Forgive me for asking, but what is your role? I have seen hosts mentioned on the Princess site on occasions and always wonders what their role was.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Hi Fletch thanks for the congrats ... no stupid questions here hope i can explain it okay ... still have my L plates on .. ... my role here as a host is basically to oversee in the background what is going on, keep our forum a friendly peaceful place and to be of help wher I can .. As a member of CC I can still post as a contributor bearing in mind any posts made by me will be of my own opinion. Being very new to my position here Laura may be able to explain better for me 😊

Congratulations Shiona.

Shiona, can I ask you a question? You will be aware that from time to time issues are raised on CC and some of the responses are not always strictly accurate particularly when the issue relates to a cruise line policy/matter and is therefore somewhat open to interpretation. Do you have any direct contact with the cruise lines whereby from time to time you can obtain an official response to a matter? Many thanks and congratulations once again.:)

Hi Joybook thanks for the congrats will try an answer best I can ... unfortunately I cannot speak on behalf of the cruiselines any comments i made would be purely my own personal opinon. Best suggestion i would offer would be to liase with the cruise line direct , and i know that too can be somewhat exasperating putting it mildly or if you are dealing with a travel consultant insist they get clarification for you ... afterall thats what we pay them for ... unfortunately sometimes they need reminding 😄

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :eek: mwahahahahahaha :D :p Only you could drag me back into the abyss Shiona LOL

Congrats BTW :)

And howdy to all the old (not age old, you know.....long time here old hehe) faces and names.

I'll try to behave :p

Congratulations Shiona.

Wishing you all the very best. I also think its a great move .

Hi David,

I notice that you are from Auckland. I am not sure whether you will be sailing on the Golden Princess in the near future but if you are close by to the main pier you could go and welcome her down to our neck of the woods

(10/11/2015). This will be her first point of call into the Australian/New Zealand market. She has lost a day by crossing the international date line.

Regards, :):)

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :eek: mwahahahahahaha :D :p Only you could drag me back into the abyss Shiona LOL

Congrats BTW

And howdy to all the old (not age old, you know.....long time here old hehe) faces and names.

I'll try to behave :p

Welcome back Debs, you have been missed and i am sure you will be on your bestest behaviour always:eek:.......thanks for the congrats...:)