Live 1st carnival journeys cruise

honestguy

Yes, but his post looked like it was copied and pasted from somewhere.

I have a photo of the card that was in my cabin on Freedom, which I've posted here several times in many of the threads about the subject.

I hadn't seen anything, anywhere stating the price for the duration of the cruise had increased.

Didn't know if this was for JUST the longer cruises. And at what number of days you jump from being a "regular" cruise (mine was 8 nights and was $25 for the week) to being a "longer" cruise and $40?

Sorry. I thought we were talking about the 1st Journeys cruise.

What is required to wear on formal night for men vs elegant nights/ Is a suit jacket required? We are traveling across the country so it's really hard to find room for a suit coat. We are looking forward to our Journey!:):)

I wore khakis and a branded polo for all elegant & formal nights. No problems.

Yes, but his post looked like it was copied and pasted from somewhere.

I have a photo of the card that was in my cabin on Freedom, which I've posted here several times in many of the threads about the subject.

I hadn't seen anything, anywhere stating the price for the duration of the cruise had increased.

Didn't know if this was for JUST the longer cruises. And at what number of days you jump from being a "regular" cruise (mine was 8 nights and was $25 for the week) to being a "longer" cruise and $40?

For a week long cruise:

Value package $60

Premium package $99

from post #3 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2266653

For a 5-day cruise:

Social package $18

Value package $40

Premium package $70

from post #19 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2166218

For a 4-day cruise:

Social package $15

Value package $35

Premium package $60

from post #130 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2260777

For an 8-day cruise:

Social package $25 (which agrees with what NCTribeFan had)

Value package $60

Premium package $99

from post #1 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2264292

I can not locate my source for the $40 for 8 days for social package. It may have come from the social site not-to-be-mentioned on Cruise Critic. It could be a typo at the source I found it.

I'm just curious. I bought the Value package on Freedom and really didn't need it. I would've been fine with the Social for $25. Our Journeys sailing on 11/28 is 11 nights and figured I would get the Social if it was only $25. Not sure I'll do it if it costs more. I like to be "unplugged" when I cruise but do enjoy posting photos on FB. You know. Just to gloat. :p

I have to ask.....Why are so many doing a B2B this cruise? I would be bummed leaving seeing 800 people relaxing onboard.

Because it returns back to N.O. so no plane flight is required for those who can drive to the port.

Also because many of the ports are different on the return to N.O.

But mainly because it is FUN.

On the journey cruise, are dress shorts allowed in MDR on non-formal nights?

My husband wears a suit on formal nights but has enjoyed not having to change before dinner on other nights.

Yes, on non formal nights my Husband wore shorts every night.. We were on the 1st leg of the Dream Journeys cruise..:)

Concerning the hundreds doing B2Bs, on any given sailing where we have done a B2B, we have never seen more than a dozen, and thats max. Normally it is 5 or 6 people doing B2b thats it... maybe it has changed but i have not seen too many on one given ship. I guess over the fleet of all the ships, it may seem like quite a few, but any one sailing may not have more than a dozen.. im sure SOME will, but its not the norm for us anyway

57 of the 75 names (76%) on our roll call for our Journeys cruise are doing a B2B. That represents over 100 passengers.

I am sure there are many more who are not a part of the roll call.

ImANewfie - add to your 8 reasons (all of which we like also) that many of the journey cruises consist of 10 or 11 days from New Orleans, Galveston, Miami, etc. to San Juan and then the second cruise of 11 or 10 days back to original port. This makes for the B2B to be more like one really long single cruise with a San Juan port day in the middle. Thus, hundreds of B2Ber's versus the much smaller norm.

Also for those driving, San Juan doesn't work (lol) and for those flying it ends up one city round trip, often at a lower cost than to or from San Juan.

Mike

ImANewfie - add to your 8 reasons (all of which we like also) that many of the journey cruises consist of 10 or 11 days from New Orleans, Galveston, Miami, etc. to San Juan and then the second cruise of 11 or 10 days back to original port.

And in our case, Galveston-San Juan-Galveston, only one repeated port among the 13 port calls.

yes im sure, as i said but any one sailing may not have more than a dozen.. im sure SOME will, but its not the norm for us anyway

Maybe its due to it being b2b journeys, new destinations, new experiences?

i have done B2B cruises more than once, ( as you can see in my sig, and have one starting next week) ive never seen more than a dozen, usually less than that, sometimes only one other couple.

Our 2014 (Liberty) & 2015 (Conquest) B2Bs had 80 or so on each. The first B2B we did in 2010, there were only about 8 of us.

Another reason so many are doing B2B is because of the awesome offer some received. Lucky stiff's (like a friend of mine) were allowed to book at incredible rates for Journey cruises (like $75 for an inside room - and balconies were cheap too - NOT kidding). So it was cheaper to book a B2B and cruise back than to pay for airfare.