LIVE! Crown Princess Hawaii/South Pacific 10/17 - 11/14

traveling1969

I can't post pictures to C.C. any more. Either my computer or the site won't allow me to copy and paste or to download unless they are little wee things.

If you are uploading the pictures to Cruise Critic and they will be displayed as thumbnails in a post, then the pictures must be under 2MB each.

There is free software around that will let you resize you photos.

We too are home safe and sound but it's taking me a while to get caught up on everything.

We really enjoyed this cruise, the tours, the weather, the staff and crew....

Really not much to complain about at all.

Harry, I won't be doing a review but I look forward to those that will. I am interested in hearing about other tours and things done on board so that when I book my next one, I can arrange it around that.

Hoping to do the 2017 one. We are booked for the Med next year at this time for Hubby's retirement but after he's heard all about this one, we may be doing the 2017 sailing.

So funny! Keep us informed!

If anyone is interested in browsing through my long winded notes, I can post the link here.

https://ourhawaiiansouthpacificholiday.shutterfly.com/

I just got this link called up!

I did take quite a few photos and I do have some with my C.C. folk in them.

Mike and Betty, I am so sorry that we didn't get to spend more time with you but it was truly our pleasure to have met you. Hopefully with Betty's continued recovery, we will see you in 2017!

If the good Lord is willing and the creek's don't rise, we'll be there!

I know we kind of got the reputation as Oh, ....'those Canadian sisters' :D

We wear it with pride! :p

Betty asked if you were the two great ladies that sat by us at "22ne Street Landing and ordered and shared different dishes?" She also said to say HI! She is starting to feel better.

Just Mike

Betty asked if you were the two great ladies that sat by us at "22ne Street Landing and ordered and shared different dishes?" She also said to say HI! She is starting to feel better.

Just Mike

Yes, Judy sat next to Betty and I was next to Judy. Lol, and yes, we often share appetizers and plates. Big hello to her as well. We are happy to hear that she's recovering well.

Debathome - I read your "blog" from your link. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Except of course that excursion that went sooo wrong! At the end you said you would not recommend this tour company (I believe it!) however, unless I missed it, there was no mention of who the company was. I'd be interested to know because we might be taking this cruise next year.

Debathome - I read your "blog" from your link. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Except of course that excursion that went sooo wrong! At the end you said you would not recommend this tour company (I believe it!) however, unless I missed it, there was no mention of who the company was. I'd be interested to know because we might be taking this cruise next year.

Don't get me wrong, other people on this tour, in the first busses, did enjoy this and the beach was lovely, but I know that many on our bus did not. It was rushed through the last few stops and was just handled poorly. I think you could find a better tour or just grab a taxi and take it to the beach. The church was a short walk from the port and the only other thing worth seeing was the falls.

Having said that, from personal experience, I can't recommend it. It was the Samoan Scenic Apia tour with Shaddow.

It gets good reviews on the other sites, I think it was just too large a group for them to handle.

Don't get me wrong, other people on this tour, in the first busses, did enjoy this and the beach was lovely, but I know that many on our bus did not. It was rushed through the last few stops and was just handled poorly. I think you could find a better tour or just grab a taxi and take it to the beach. The church was a short walk from the port and the only other thing worth seeing was the falls.

Having said that, from personal experience, I can't recommend it. It was the Samoan Scenic Apia tour with Shaddow.

It gets good reviews on the other sites, I think it was just too large a group for them to handle.

We did a different tour with this same company and it was a disaster. We have just gotten back to Texas. In a few days I will put my two cents in. Was not a happy camper. I do agree with Deb.... get a cab!

We too are home safe and sound but it's taking me a while to get caught up on everything.

I did do a 'blog' that I tried to keep up on board but because I couldn't access Shutterfly, I couldn't, so I did a lot of copy and pasting when I got home.

If anyone is interested in browsing through my long winded notes, I can post the link here.

https://ourhawaiiansouthpacificholiday.shutterfly.com/

I did take quite a few photos and I do have some with my C.C. folk in them.

I know we kind of got the reputation as Oh, ....'those Canadian sisters' :D

We wear it with pride! :p

Thanks so much for posting this blog and all the photos, too! I really enjoy re-living my cruise <G> through your eyes! I wish I had done the same tours you did (except for the Apia one, of course).

Thanks for sharing your photos and insight.

I mentioned previously about Somoan Scenic Tours(Apia).

Their buses were in terrible condition.Our bus had plastic over the seats, so hot, glad we had towels with us to sit on, hard to get up hills, breaks squeeking.And the worst when one of the buses went off the road and was tipped.Shadow didn't offer any discount to those people.

When ship arrived late, friends on a different tour with them got a discount in price. I asked Shadow and she wasn't nice. Said we are getting the full tour and no price reduction. After we left the beach our bus couldn't get up the hills. She had to transfer 5 people to another bus(we volunteered to switch buses). Well the guide on the other bus was so much better (we had shadow on our original bus).

To future people should you tour with this company, don't sign up 70 plus people.No control . And some didn't show up for the tour. Shadow was not happy about this because of the food that was prepared.

We still had a wonderful day and the beach she selected was quiet, pretty, clean, and the water was warm.

Edited by san diego sue

San Diego Sue. Of course! That's why our tour was so compressed with only our 1/2 hour at the beach and 5 minutes at the falls....our ship arrived later. I hadn't even thought about that. So we had a shorter tour than was promised and still no refund of a portion. So glad you reminded me of that because for some reason, I had forgotten all about our later arrival due to the warm water engine problems. So funny that this completely slipped my mind. I must have been so relaxed and chillin that it didn't bother me at all at the time! 😊

I mentioned previously about Somoan Scenic Tours(Apia).

Their buses were in terrible condition.Our bus had plastic over the seats, so hot, glad we had towels with us to sit on, hard to get up hills, breaks squeeking.And the worst when one of the buses went off the road and was tipped.Shadow didn't offer any discount to those people.

And her microphone didn't work!

Still working on the illustrated review. I have scanned all the patterns @ 200dpi B&W - 27MB file.

I will put the entire file on my Google drive and post the link, along with a link to the review in PDF format in a new thread and repeat it here as well.

I will be doing a video review and I do have a complete video of Jamie's show as well.

Probably I can get this all done over the Thanksgiving weekend...

• 2 weeks later...