Coco Cay Beach Lounger

Hey All,

Have a quick couple of questions on the Coco Cay Beach Lounger (Cabinette) program.

1) It says you have a personal "beach attendant" - does that mean you can get drinks brought to you as part of your drink package?

2) Does anyone else have experience with these programs? Is it a haul to get there and to/from the buffet area (it says something about food being brought to you..?), or is this really just part of Barefoot Beach and you can really just walk there?

Thanks!

Coco Cay is small..you can walk anywhere in under 10 mins...usually faster than that, if you aren't doing a "hike"!

There are roving waiters to get drinks, if you want. Your drink package works on any private island/beach.

The "cabinettes" are clamshells....there is shade to be had, if you don't want to pay for those things....Coco Cay is a pretty place...trees/shade, sun, surf...food/drink...it's all good!

I guess that was more my point - is it worth it to get the Cabinette with the claimed amenities of a "private attendant" and fruit/water/beach mat and being away from the crowds, or, would we be better off finding our own beach chairs and rolling with it?

The cabinettes are in the Barefoot Beach area, away from the crowds and food. However, the cabinette does include transportation to/from the food and tender area. The Barefoot Beach area has it's own bar, so you are very close to drinks, with or without the attendant.

Last question!

I think I keep finding old information... do the clamshells get the upgraded lunch that the wooden cabanas do, or is it just the transportation over to the buffet area?

I really don't think I care either way. I just want to know for sure. HAHA!

Last question!

I think I keep finding old information... do the clamshells get the upgraded lunch that the wooden cabanas do, or is it just the transportation over to the buffet area?

Just the regular buffet.

What do you get with this? And is it at the adult beach??

Do you get the for the whole day? Do you have to be there right at 7 to claim your clam shell lol?

I believe you get some bottles of water, and maybe some floating mats.

There is no "adult" beach on Coco Cay, but it is not close to the kids play area.

I believe you get some bottles of water, and maybe some floating mats.

There is no "adult" beach on Coco Cay, but it is not close to the kids play area.

Water, fruit (usually some sort of juicy fruits like grapes and watermelons and canteloupes and such), floatie mats, and your own towels. Also shade and your own lounge chairs.

You do get trams to the regular buffet and back again, and no, you do not have to be up at the crack of dawn to get your cabinette (the SO and I had a leisurely breakfast and ended up going at around 9:30am, and even with that had our pick of seating).

Nice beach (even if we did manage to come right when the tiny jellies did), there is some sargasso but there's also relatively clear areas where you see huge sea stars--this is a wild beach so that's to be expected. Nice area, and I'd argue the cabinettes are one of the better kept secrets (and thank you, dear posters at Cruise Critic for educating the cruise newbie on this! ;))

Truthfully we enjoyed having the freedom to walk to the different area. The beaches are gorgeous and I didn't want to be stuck in one place.

I think this is why I was on the fence. It'll be my first time on the island and I want to explore! But there is also something appealing about having a designated spot on the beach to just relax.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! :)

Last question!

Just the regular buffet.

We did the clamshells last month when we were on Enchantment and we got the upgraded lunch. However, the cost at the time was $65 and with the cost now being $50 it's possible that the upgraded lunch is no longer included.

Water, fruit (usually some sort of juicy fruits like grapes and watermelons and canteloupes and such), floatie mats, and your own towels. Also shade and your own lounge chairs.

You do get trams to the regular buffet and back again, and no, you do not have to be up at the crack of dawn to get your cabinette (the SO and I had a leisurely breakfast and ended up going at around 9:30am, and even with that had our pick of seating).

Nice beach (even if we did manage to come right when the tiny jellies did), there is some sargasso but there's also relatively clear areas where you see huge sea stars--this is a wild beach so that's to be expected. Nice area, and I'd argue the cabinettes are one of the better kept secrets (and thank you, dear posters at Cruise Critic for educating the cruise newbie on this! ;))

How much did you pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk