REVIEW: "Italy & Dalmatian Coast" / Constellation / 30-AUG-2015 (with photos)

Maligator

Matt, I just stumbled on this today while taking a break from my own review.

Great itinerary and superb story-telling. Love the humor.

The photos are magnificent.

One question- you visited Sant Andrea della Valle in Rome, something that is on our list when we go back there...is there a Puccini connection that spurred that visit?

We have done two cruises featuring Rome in the past two years-can never get enough of that city!

Thanks for sharing!

Norris

Matt, I just stumbled on this today while taking a break from my own review.

Great itinerary and superb story-telling. Love the humor.

The photos are magnificent.

One question- you visited Sant Andrea della Valle in Rome, something that is on our list when we go back there...is there a Puccini connection that spurred that visit?

We have done two cruises featuring Rome in the past two years-can never get enough of that city!

Thanks for sharing!

Norris

Thank you. I read about the first act of "Tosca" being set here, but that was well after we left and I was researching for Flickr.

And I agree about Rome. We've said that if we were to live somewhere outside the US, Rome would be near the top of the list.

Hi HickoryShampoo,

Fabulous review and photos - thank you. Would you mind sharing what camera you were using? You clearly can get the best out of it!

We are on Constellation next year doing Rome to Venice, mostly via Greece with stops in Malta and Ephesus - so it was nice to get a feel for the ship.

Hi HickoryShampoo,

Fabulous review and photos - thank you. Would you mind sharing what camera you were using? You clearly can get the best out of it!

We are on Constellation next year doing Rome to Venice, mostly via Greece with stops in Malta and Ephesus - so it was nice to get a feel for the ship.

I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III. Post-processing is done with DxO Optics Pro (RAW processing) and CS5. If needed, I use Portrait Pro for faces and Nik suite for HDR, black & white, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for your review! It is helping us decide what to do in some ports. We are on a similar cruise in June 2016. It is also nice to see that Connie is still a fine ship! Can't wait for your next cruise review. Smooth sailing! 🚢

I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III. Post-processing is done with DxO Optics Pro (RAW processing) and CS5. If needed, I use Portrait Pro for faces and Nik suite for HDR, black & white, etc.

Thanks - just starting out with a DSLR myself - clearly I have a way to go!

Hi Matt

I have loved reading your review but wondered if you could scan and post dailies:D

thanks

My wife has squirreled away the dailies for her scrapbook. I'll try to get them scanned and posted for you soon.

Great review. Enjoyed your writing style. We have been to most of the ports but did different excursions. We always travel October and November so we don't experience the heat. However, we like Kotor and Dubrovnik but rained both times we were there! Did not want to climb the steps in Kotor in the rain. We had the most expensive cannoli in Catania as the weather was so rainy and miserable we did not see much. Enjoyed that cannoli at the lodge.

We did arrange private tours with cruise critic members and enjoyed them.

Hi Matt

I have loved reading your review but wondered if you could scan and post dailies:D

thanks

I shall now commence the Dailies Dump. :D

Day 1 - Venice / Embarkation Day

daily01_1_zpswoy3gho9.jpg

daily01_2_zpsszds0lqo.jpg

Edited by HickoryShampoo