SCENIC TOURS...Southern France on Scenic Emerald

Cordovabay

Has anyone recently returned from a SCENIC TOURS cruise on the SCENIC EMERALD..... Paris to Nice? Impressions of the ship???

I am curious to know if low water levels were an issue this year. Did anyone take advantage of the cycling options? If so, could you comment on your experience. How difficult was the process of signing up in advance? Thx.

-CordovaBay

Back recently from doing the Paris to Normandy trip on Scenic Gem, all Scenic ships are wonderful. No water issues in France, just speak to your Cruise a director once onboard abiut the bikes.

You will have a wonderful time with Scenic.

Hi Cordovabay, we did this trip on Scenic Sapphire in June this year. I don't cycle, crocky knees but loads did and it was so hot but all really enjoyed it, there were several organised groups but many requested bikes when they wanted the crew via the CD or reception sorted the bikes including helmets and locks I believe most are electrically assisted. We had no water level problems but there had been some slight issues with high water levels earlier in the year. Emerald is very similar to Sapphire and we have traveled on both they are beautiful ships and the Scenic crews are superb.

Have a great cruise CA

Has anyone recently returned from a SCENIC TOURS cruise on the SCENIC EMERALD..... Paris to Nice? Impressions of the ship???

I am curious to know if low water levels were an issue this year. Did anyone take advantage of the cycling options? If so, could you comment on your experience. How difficult was the process of signing up in advance? Thx.

-CordovaBay

Hi CordovaBay, when are you going? There are four of us, my husband, and I, my husband's sister, and her husband, going on the June 5 - 18 cruise.

Two years ago on the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise we met a couple from Australia, and they are joining us on this cruise.

We're going on this same cruise (north to south) next May 16; our first trip with Scenic after two great cruises with AMA. Glad to hear your positive comments about Scenic. Any comments/suggestions about ports or tours?? I've read that the dress "code" is casual, is this correct? We especially enjoy sitting on our balcony, enjoying the scenery as the ship cruises. I read somewhere that the scenery along the Rhone is not especially scenic, which is disappointing. Was that your impression too?? Thanks for any other info you can share.

We're going on this same cruise (north to south) next May 16; our first trip with Scenic after two great cruises with AMA. Glad to hear your positive comments about Scenic. Any comments/suggestions about ports or tours?? I've read that the dress "code" is casual, is this correct? We especially enjoy sitting on our balcony, enjoying the scenery as the ship cruises. I read somewhere that the scenery along the Rhone is not especially scenic, which is disappointing. Was that your impression too?? Thanks for any other info you can share.

If your standard is the Rhine Castles, nothing is especially scenic. But the Rhone was very interesting IMO. Not industrial like the stretch of the Rhine near Amsterdam. And the wines are better than the Rhine (I prefer reds, which may have slanted by opinion ;)). The big and positive surprise was all the Roman history on this cruise. If they offer an excursion to Pont du Gard -- take it!

Thanks for this info, Jazz Beau. Does the ship travel mostly at night or during the day?? The Scenic website is so user-unfriendly; I can't find much detailed info at all.

On our Rhone cruise with AMA, we had several overnight stays in port. We really enjoyed those! There is not much sailing comparing to many other itineraries and lots of port time, which is important to us. It was one of our favorites so far. And the excellent red wines played a part in that as well.

I agree about the Scenic website. It is pretty hard to find anything useful.