Breakaway-1st day lunch/sail away?

Kreativ' Gal

Looking for some recommendations for lunch the first day, somewhere not too crowded to sit down and eat, maybe somewhere people don't discover the first day. :)

And where is the best place to be for sail away?

Just looking for suggestions/opinions. :o

I know, to be "on board" for sail away is the BEST place. :D:D

The buffet is always crazy busy, I think O'Sheehan's or MDR is a better bet.

I always try to find a "not too crowded" spot, which is usually near the sports deck (basketball court) but haven't been on BA yet so not sure that is an option.

When are you going? I am sailing in 3 weeks & cannot wait! :p

On the Breakaway we went to the very top deck in the front of the ship (not sure what deck it was). It was pretty empty and we were able to stand at the railing and get all the pictures we wanted. Not sure where to go in cold weather but hopefully it won't be that bad next week. Sometimes we just get a drink and stay on our balcony.

Looking for some recommendations for lunch the first day' date=' somewhere not too crowded to sit down and eat, maybe somewhere people don't discover the first day. :) And where is the best place to be for sail away? Just looking for suggestions/opinions. :o I know, to be "on board" for sail away is the BEST place. :D:D[/quote']

Go to Taste/Savor for lunch. Less crowds.

We have done sail away on deck 16 sun deck moving from port to see Manhattan to starboard to see the Statue of Liberty

Edited by BirdTravels

So you need to be on starboard side to see SOL? Thanks, I've been trying to figure this out (remember) but couldn't. Our cabin is on port side, balcony, thought maybe if it was too cold out (leaving from NY Nov 8) we could "hide" in room & watch from balcony when passing Statue but guess not. Oh well, guess we'll be sure to have warm coats on lol

So you need to be on starboard side to see SOL? Thanks, I've been trying to figure this out (remember) but couldn't. Our cabin is on port side, balcony, thought maybe if it was too cold out (leaving from NY Nov 8) we could "hide" in room & watch from balcony when passing Statue but guess not. Oh well, guess we'll be sure to have warm coats on lol

Port side has beautiful NYC skyline with the new freedom tower, very impressive too. Best part is going under the bridge

Safe sailing

Looking for some recommendations for lunch the first day' date=' somewhere not too crowded to sit down and eat, maybe somewhere people don't discover the first day. :) .

And where is the best place to be for sail away?

Just looking for suggestions/opinions. :o

I know, to be "on board" for sail away is the BEST place. :D:D[/quote']

Taste or Savor every cruise.

best sail away location my balcony stateroom or upper decks

I read somewhere that our carry on bags can be dropped at headliners upon boarding. Do they store/secure them - or just offer an open area? I cannot chance mine disappearing.

I limit my carry ons to my backpack and my wife's big purse. Do you really need much more just for the time that your luggage is delivered to your room? You could just check everything else. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been four years since I sailed from NYC and I cannot remember...how quickly does the ship move from the Statue of Liberty to going under the bridge? We have an aft balcony and we are sailing in March so sailaway through NY Harbor will probably be spent on our balcony. However, I know that the top decks are best for when the ship goes under the bridge(just trying to figure how fast we have to run):p

It has been four years since I sailed from NYC and I cannot remember...how quickly does the ship move from the Statue of Liberty to going under the bridge? We have an aft balcony and we are sailing in March so sailaway through NY Harbor will probably be spent on our balcony. However, I know that the top decks are best for when the ship goes under the bridge(just trying to figure how fast we have to run):p

Just checked my picture of going under the bridge - time stamped was 5:00 ( 4:00 sailing ). I believe it is about 20 min to Statue, 45 to get near the bridge. Plenty of time to move topside.

Safe sailing

1445555107498.jpg.2c1da8aa5d71e11f7cf346f929826ae5.jpg

Just checked my picture of going under the bridge - time stamped was 5:00 ( 4:00 sailing ). I believe it is about 20 min to Statue, 45 to get near the bridge. Plenty of time to move topside.

Safe sailing

Awesome! Thank you. We are sailing with a first-timer and I don't want her to miss the feeling that the ship is going to hit the bridge.