ESCAPE 10/25/15 Hamburg to Southampton 3 Day Live-ish Review

CoffeeGoddess

Absolutely great pictures and you look like you are enjoying yourself. How was the wheat beer you had? I love the weizen beer@!:)I hope you had or will have a chance to see the aft penthouses, and especially those aft balconies. I know all of us are anxious to see everything you see. Thanks for taking the time to share.:D

Absolutely great pictures and you look like you are enjoying yourself. How was the wheat beer you had? I love the weizen beer@!:)I hope you had or will have a chance to see the aft penthouses, and especially those aft balconies. I know all of us are anxious to see everything you see. Thanks for taking the time to share.:D

The beer was very good. They also offer flights but I couldn't get one since they were already out of several beers. I'm not sure if they'll restock by Southampton or not.

sent from the interwebs

The beer was very good. They also offer flights but I couldn't get one since they were already out of several beers. I'm not sure if they'll restock by Southampton or not.

sent from the interwebs

That's not good planning to already be out of beer so soon. Oh well plenty other stuff to drink .

Enjoy!! Is the ship crowded ??

Had a glass of wine at the Cellers. It really is a great looking spot and they have both a printed and an interactive iPad list.

06306046e035f191b3900be8c69f8099.jpg

I then ate at Pinchos Tapas bar (First!) And had the crab and the lamb. The crab was great but the lamb was wrapped in bacon and the bacon was way too fatty for me.

807c83ff63b514731a2c44b358f73a33.jpg

29aefc3ff3bc4a7fee9227b9a8290698.jpg

Then I decided to head to the spa and pick up a pass. It is larger than the Getaway but unfortunately some of the stations weren't working in the pool. And there was some black grit in it.

e27103b7c40d396591e445de146732af.jpg

The snow room actually has snow on the floor and over the seats. It was very refreshing after the sauna.

82f563374e10e35fc52e67ae1fc2605b.jpg

sent from the interwebs

Since the tapas didn't hold long I decided to head to the Food Republic for something. Seating was easy and the iPad ordering system was fairly intuitive except for a few things. Some items weren't showing prices until you added them, there was no way to order just tap water (it turns out your server will come and ask it just was taking them a bit to get to me), and I tried to order a cocktail and it told me a server had to order it for me. So I waited, and waited some more and a server came up but he was not clear at all. It sounded like I couldn't order a cocktail. Finally I paid and another server came up to get me water and I asked her about the drink. She said she'd check on it at the bar which confused me since it never showed up on my bill.

Long story short, I did cocktail and they apologised for the confusion by buying my drink. They're trying to make sure only of age people can buy and they're trying to work with the packages. Hopefully it will all be worked out by the transatlantic.

The good news is, the food is fantastic and she said they'll be open for lunch tomorrow and on sea days.

Fantastic fish tacos.

93987e6ee8bf5e62b6acecb474c4891e.jpg

Kimchi fried rice

3643fba12a20794ec7839e3a74450a59.jpg

The mystery cocktail

e2a0b51628ca79c754754996b2bb6e33.jpg

ddd4df5b5e6d8409cac29a9e924ac80f.jpg

sent from the interwebs