Breeze Questions

Cruiser-66

Ready to book the Breeze and have a couple questions. Can you open the balcony dividers? If you book a cabin for 4, which their are only two of us, are the bunks recessed in the ceiling or do they hang on the wall? Also which dinning room is anytime dinning?

Some balcony dividers can be opened. To know for sure, Google "goccl breeze" and open the document. Then click on "stateroom descriptions" and then select your deck. Locate your cabin number in the list and it will tell you with which adjacent cabin(s), if any, the divider can be opened.

The forward main dining room on deck 3 is usually used for anytime dining.

Not sure about the bunk beds' location. When you book, they may want you to choose a cabin for 2--instead of 2 in a cabin for 4.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Ready to book the Breeze and have a couple questions. Can you open the balcony dividers? If you book a cabin for 4, which their are only two of us, are the bunks recessed in the ceiling or do they hang on the wall? Also which dinning room is anytime dinning?

No additional comment on the balcony dividers...

Why *would* you book a cabin for 4, if there are only 2 of you? Carnival probably won't let you choose a cabin for 4, but if you would happen to get put into a cabin for 4, the bunks will be up in the ceiling and out of your way.

The Sapphire dining room (Midship a.k.a. forward) deck 3 *is* the anytime dining. We were in that dining room on deck 4 (late seating) on 10/10 sailing and saw lots of people coming and going downstairs.

GP

Also be aware that if you are allowed to book a quad cabin with only 2 people and they need the quad for a 3 or 4 person party you are subject to being moved.

I would rather book a double and know that's where I will be. They are the same size anyway.

Yikes!! They limit the number of divider balconies they will open? Thanks so much for that tip. We have family in the cabin next to us with a balcony divider that opens and definitely want access to both cabins. Will do that first thing on the ship! Appreciate it:)

In a cabin for 4, the 3rd bunk is the sofa. The 4th bunk drops down from the ceiling. The cabin steward has the tool that lowers the bunk....you won't be able to raise and lower it on you own.

Yikes!! They limit the number of divider balconies they will open? Thanks so much for that tip. We have family in the cabin next to us with a balcony divider that opens and definitely want access to both cabins. Will do that first thing on the ship! Appreciate it:)

Make sure one person in each cabin goes to Guest Services. :)

You really don't need to go to GS to open the balcony doors. We always have a pair of scissors with us & i have found that sliding the scissors in the "keyhole" & turning will unlock the door. The lock is a simple square hole that anything that will fit & catch the sides can be used to open. Often the steward will re-lock it when they clean but I just go and unlock it when we come back the cabin.

This is how the balcony door issue was explained to me. Every other one can be opened. AND every other cabin has connecting doors. So if say 3 cabins in a row you could go from the first to the last without going out in the hallway. You could go from the first balcony to the second but then you would have to then go from cabin 2 to 3 thru the connecting door. Does my explanation make sense? Thats how it was for us when we had 3 in a row.. If all dividers were open then some windows would be blocked.

My PVP explained it to me.

On every Carnival cruise I've taken, the steward always locks our cabin balcony door (I try to remember myself but sometimes I forget) when he/she comes in to clean, etc.

I have heard stories of thieves climbing over the balcony dividers (there's an opening at the top big enough for someone to crawl over it) and robbing people:eek:

We usually just ask our steward and they happily open the balcony divider. Never heard about a limit. Maybe that's a guideline for the smaller class of ships.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This is what we do. In all of our cruises we have never gone to guest services. We just ask our room steward as soon as we see him and he opens it shortly after. We have never been denied.

On every Carnival cruise I've taken, the steward always locks our cabin balcony door (I try to remember myself but sometimes I forget) when he/she comes in to clean, etc.

I have heard stories of thieves climbing over the balcony dividers (there's an opening at the top big enough for someone to crawl over it) and robbing people:eek:

I guess I will stop laughing at my husband when he keeps locking the balcony lock before we leave the cabin each time. Never even thought about someone doing this, but your right you never know nowadays. Thanks for the tip!