I'm really confused about on-line check in

montlee

I checked all the previous postings on this subject and am still confused. I read about people having trouble printing their SeaPass during on-line

check-in. You are not talking about the pre-registration where you give your address, passport #, next of kin etc. are you?

My question is - is there a pre-registration where you give personal info and then another check-in registration? What type of info do we give at that time? Is this the same as e-tickets? Does any of this mean we don't have to go thru the usual lines at the terminal? Is on-line check in an option or is it required?

Is the SeaPass you print on your computer what you use on the ship?

It's only been 8 months since my last RCI cruise, this was not an issue at that time. Times, they are a'changin' fast!

It's the immigration form that you fill in online. Print and take it with you.

It is more than just immigration form.

cor_online_checkin_hdr.gif

s.gif

Expedite the Boarding Process

s.gif

[/url]

Completing the Online Check-In process for all guests in your reservation will save you from having to fill out forms at the pier, which means your cruise vacation adventure can start right away. When you arrive at the pier, you'll just need your SetSail Pass, credit card for your onboard purchases and appropriate proof of citizenship and identification documentation to board and begin your adventure.

It doesn't matter whether you reserved your cruise online or through a travel agent. To complete your Online Check-In process, you'll need the reservation number, identification documents and emergency contact information for each guest you want to check in. The process must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the sailing (48 hours for international sailings).

Online Check-In may be completed at www.royalcaribbean.com. Completing the Online Check-In process for all the guests in your reservation will save you from having to fill out forms at the pier, which means your cruise vacation adventure can start immediately.

Online Check-In must be completed at least 48 hours prior to sailing. Our pier staff will validate all information prior to boarding. Any discrepancies may result in a delay or denial of boarding.

There is only one online check-in - you give all your information, including credit card to set up your SeaPass account. Then at the end you print out the SetSail Pass, which is what you take to the port for check-in. There they will issue you a SeaPass Card to use on the ship. It is an option - it will speed check-in, but you can just take your documents and check-in the old fashioned way too.

Hope this helps.

We used online check in 9/23/05. There were 2 lines at Port Canaveral...one for check in with the "books". one for check in with the "sea Pass" printed from your computer. They scan the bar code on the sea pass printed at home, swipe your credit card you entered, check your passports and basically you are finished. Room keys (sea pass, boarding pass) are given to you an on you go. So, yes, they are recognizing it at check in at the port. Hope this helps.

We used online check in 9/23/05. There were 2 lines at Port Canaveral...one for check in with the "books". one for check in with the "sea Pass" printed from your computer. They scan the bar code on the sea pass printed at home, swipe your credit card you entered, check your passports and basically you are finished. Room keys (sea pass, boarding pass) are given to you an on you go. So, yes, they are recognizing it at check in at the port. Hope this helps.

This is great information. Thanks for sharing!!

Actually, the SetSail pass registration does it all. You are pre-registered, your documentation (passport) is entered, you set up your onboard account. All other info, such as emergency contact, insurance is included as well. It is a 4-step process, they walk your through the whole thing. When you complete all the steps, (wait until after final payment is made to do all this) you can print out your forms to take along with you.

We have completed the process for our next cruise, coming up in November, and have had all the other members of our party do the same. We're thinking that it may not have caught on too well yet, we'll see how easy check-in is with this registration.

It was very simple to do, just be careful and read the whole thing while you're doing it.

So do we still need to fill out the little grey card they sent us in the mail. I think it is the Bahamas Immigration Card. We are on Soveriegn on Monday. I have filled out and printed the Set Sail pass but just wanted to know if I need to take the grey card.

Thanks!

Take everything, most importantly your passport or certified raised copy birth certificate with photo ID.

The Set Sail pass will have all this information (assuming you did everything correctly) but it still needs to be verified at check-in. With the Set Sail pass you can be checked in and receive your Sea Pass card (which functions as your cabin key, ID to go and off the ship, and onboard charge card) in less than a minute. At most ports there are dedicated lines for embarking passengers with Set Sail passes. You will be amazed how quick and easy it all is.

They should have called it something different......confusion sets in when the names are so close.

Set Sail Pass - prints out when you have done your online registration with info requested and will speed up the boarding process at the dock.

Sea Pass - at boarding they will take your set sail pass ( which you must sign showing the credit card you will use for onboard charges),check your passport/ birth cert id, swipe your credit card, take your picture and THEN WILL ISSUE YOU A SEA PASS (looks like an ID badge with a barcode). This is how you get on and off the ship, charge all those little drinks with umbrellas and EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE SHIP and it serves as your door key too.

So 2 different things - very similar name..... :D

Hey guys,

Just off the sovereign sept 19, As for Bahamas immagrations Yes you need to fill them out and if you dont have one they will give you one at the port. as for set sail pass enter all imformation on line and when it says print print it you carrie it to the port with your Ids ie passport ,birthcert, dl etc, You actually dont need the ticket booklet RCCL sends you. we carried them but never used them , at the port there was a line for people who did online set sail all you did was gave the the pass they scanned the bar code checked the Id swiped the credit card and you got room key and your finished, Hope this helps have a great day James

They have a boat load of Bahamas immigration forms at the pier. Get in line, have one person in your party go get them and fill them out while you are standing there, UNLESS the line is really short, then fill them out and then get in line. They are quick and easy, relativly.

So do we still need to fill out the little grey card they sent us in the mail. I think it is the Bahamas Immigration Card. We are on Soveriegn on Monday. I have filled out and printed the Set Sail pass but just wanted to know if I need to take the grey card.

Thanks!

Yes you have to have the grey card for the Bahamas, even if you don't plan on getting off the ship in the Bahamas. When we were on the Mariner last month, anyone that didn't have it filled out when they got in line was not let in the line until it was filled out.

Archived