An Interesting Booking Experience for Anthem

I decided last minute after checking price-monitoring site to book a Feb. Anthem sailing and wanted a particular cabin on a specific deck. The cabin was shown to be available on the link from the price-monitoring site, so I logged into my C&A account on the RC website with the intention of reserving it.

The RC website not only stated that cabin was unavailable but also stated that there were no cabins available on that deck in the class I wanted; I tried submitting the information, logging in and out and clearing my browser cache several times. Finally, I opened a second window back to the price-monitoring site, and sure enough, it showed the cabin available along with other cabins in that same class on that same deck.

I used the price-monitoring-site's link to the cruise (all the while still logged in via the other window) and was able to reserve it.

It may have been an isolated glitch, but if you are interested in a particular cabin or class, I would check out its availability via a second source.

Edited by MaritimeR&R
grammar/spelling

I decided last minute after checking price-monitoring site to book a Feb. Anthem sailing and wanted a particular cabin on a specific deck. The cabin was shown to be available on the link from the price-monitoring site, so I logged into my C&A account on the RC website with the intention of reserving it.

The RC website not only stated that cabin was unavailable but also stated that there were no cabins available on that deck in the class I wanted; I tried submitting the information logging in an out and clearing my browser cache several times. Finally, I opened a second window back to the price-monitoring site, and sure enough, it showed the cabin available along with other cabins in that same class on that same deck.

I used the price-monitoring sites link to the cruise (all the while still logged in via the other window) and was able to reserve it.

It may have been an isolated glitch, but if you are interested in a particular cabin or class, I would check out its availability via a second source.

With the new and improved :rolleyes: website sometimes it will not show every category available but will default to only one category such as only showing a D8 and a D2 but omitting everything else. You need to select the change cabin option and type in a known available cabin in your category to bring it up.

The RC website not only stated that cabin was unavailable but also stated that there were no cabins available on that deck in the class I wanted; I tried submitting the information, logging in and out and clearing my browser cache several times. Finally, I opened a second window back to the price-monitoring site, and sure enough, it showed the cabin available along with other cabins in that same class on that same deck.

I used the price-monitoring-site's link to the cruise (all the while still logged in via the other window) and was able to reserve it.

Not everyone has access to the site you are using. Are you using a public site or one for travel agents?

With the new and improved :rolleyes: website sometimes it will not show every category available but will default to only one category such as only showing a D8 and a D2 but omitting every thing else.; You need to select the change cabin option and type in a known available cabin in your category to bring it up.

I did that over and over, Ken. I inputted the cabin class option and specific deck - response there are no cabins available on deck __ in that class; I inputted the cabin class and the specific cabin number - response: not available. I even went as far as to change the number of people from a solo to a couple in case the site was not allowing a solo to book that particular cabin or cabin class -- no success.

Like I said, it might have just been a glitch, but wanted to make others aware.

I did that over and over, Ken. I inputted the cabin class option and specific deck - response there are no cabins available on deck __ in that class; I inputted the cabin class and the specific cabin number - response: not available. I even went as far as to change the number of people from a solo to a couple in case the site was not allowing a solo to book that particular cabin or cabin class -- no success.

Like I said, it might have just been a glitch, but wanted to make others aware.

Strange but not unexpected with the new site. Seems like they are hell bent on driving customers away from their site to the TA's.

No need to yell.

I am taking Maritimes word that they were doing everything correctly.

Royals website certainly is not infallible.

sorry for yelling.....but I have posted this sooooooooooooooooo many times. People see "not available" which AUTOMATICALLY comes up, no matter what... You HAVE to hit the GO button. If you do not...EVERY cabin is "unavailable"

Strange but not unexpected with the new site. Seems like they are hell bent on driving customers away from their site to the TA's.

As of this morning, all links on the price-monitoring site now take you to the "new website." Someone must be monitoring CC threads as it is too coincidental that the simpler way of finding a cabin has now disappeared!:(

As of this morning, all links on the price-monitoring site now take you to the "new website." Someone must be monitoring CC threads as it is too coincidental that the simpler way of finding a cabin has now disappeared!:(

I mentioned the ability to go to the old version of the web site from the fish site as soon as the new web site was launched in a couple of threads - it's just a coincidence that RCI's IT guys finally got around to redirect any links for the old site to the new one.