Island princess istanbul cancelation nov 1st 2015

Colo Cruiser

Good morning from the Island Princess 10/25/2015 12 day Med).

We are enroute from Naple's to Mykonos. Captain just announced that Istanbul has been canceled due to security reasons in regard to the election's held the day we are there. (Sun).

We have added Santorini and the rest of the itinerary will be changed accordingly.

I thought this was going to happen as we saw port charges refunded to our account on day 2 but no mention made until now about the cancelation.

I have not done a live from as it has been hectic and turning around from our Canal cruise 3 weeks ago along with the TA flights have worn us down. I will try and post pictures when I return. So far it has been an amazing trip. We stayed in Rome 4 days prior and had the most glorious weather!!

I just happened to cancel our Tour in Istanbul 2 days ago because we did not feel good about what was/could happen there that day.

More later!!

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Keith, sorry about the Istanbul cancellation but probably a wise decision.

Hope you have a great cruise and enjoy Santorini to the max.

4 days in Rome in beautiful weather must have been a great start!

Smooth sailing!

Norris

I pretty much figured that it would be cancelled for the last few months, but when I found out about the elections then I knew it would.

I agree its a good decision. I am sure it was made by the Corporate Office in the last few weeks.

A rough sea day today enroute to Mykonos tomorrow, 7:00am-Midnight

(was 2p-8p)

Santorini-7:00am-6:00pm

Kusadasi a full day now 8:00am-5:00pm (was 1:00p-8:00p)

2 years ago on our cruise from Copenhagen to NY, N. Ireland, Iceland, and Greenland had to be cancelled due to extreme storms. It was disappointing but I sent the capt. a thank you note for putting safety first. He knew it would be an unpopular decision. I had a hard time understanding all the complaining and whining and petitions against the capt and the company. We still got a 16 day cruise, just had some substitutions of ports. And the wonderful thing is, in addition to OBC, Princess refunded 1/2 of what we each paid for our cabin toward a future cruise. We were able to take a very inexpensive cruise/tour in Alaska the following spring.:)

We are enroute from Naple's to Mykonos. Captain just announced that Istanbul has been canceled due to security reasons in regard to the election's held the day we are there. (Sun).

We have added Santorini and the rest of the itinerary will be changed accordingly.

I thought this was going to happen as we saw port charges refunded to our account on day 2 but no mention made until now about the cancelation.

I have not done a live from as it has been hectic and turning around from our Canal cruise 3 weeks ago along with the TA flights have worn us down. I will try and post pictures when I return. So far it has been an amazing trip. We stayed in Rome 4 days prior and had the most glorious weather!!

I just happened to cancel our Tour in Istanbul 2 days ago because we did not feel good about what was/could happen there that day.

More later!!

I can't wait to see your pictures. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.:):):)

More later!!

Sorry that you guys had to miss Istanbul but it sounds like they did a good job and finding another port for you guys. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Next year we hit a lot of the ports you visited. Safe travels back home.