Do you use the internet onboard?

CowPrincess

On our last cruise I tried getting text/voice/data plan from my cell provider in place of using the ship internet. It turned out to be a complete mess, didn't work.

Adding to the trip down memory lane, does anyone other than me remember punch cards for mainframes? :D

Yes. We had to write our first and second FORTRAN programs on Hollerith cards.

I had to do my thesis in the mid 1980s on a VAX system. How many times I typed ".indent" or ".paragraph". And then the dot matrix printers with the holes down the sides of the paper. I had to order the university printers to print one copy of my thesis then spend the night bending the feeder holes and separating the pages..... Still better than typing the paper though.

The unlimited internet on the Westerdam last April was worth every penny and was awesome (epic if you listen to my children). They pulled their school lessons down from the cloud in the library most mornings. Beyond me, but it worked like a charm.

Adding to the trip down memory lane, does anyone other than me remember punch cards for mainframes? :D

And the keypunch machines! What a great source of confetti for weddings and New Years.

We had it in the PS on the Zuiderdam and Oosterdam circa 2002-2004. There was an extra phone jack by the desk. I don't know if it was in any other rooms. Our friends were in NS rooms, but I was the only one who carried a laptop.

I was noticing that this week on the westerdam! Funny you should mention it here. I'm talking a picture of it right now.

48c9de26d310fcb50150a6e646c40e56.jpg

I'm really enjoying the test packages on the ship right now. Found one mistake they've made with access on the social media package.

Here are the current packages and pricing for our 7 night cruise this week.

3378603ee471186502ee80dfcb563a91.jpg

27ed1ed4f94b5b540344d84ac75eb8e5.jpg

Edited by sherilyn70

Yep. That's the modem jack. It was only a 2 digit phone number if I recall correctly. I'm thinking *50, or #50 - but it's been a while. It was just a regular phone jack. You could dial another cabin from it if you wanted to.