Just off Dream - Quick Review

mamajules

I hate to sound dumb, but I have only been on one other Carnival cruise many years ago. What does FTTF stand for?

Also, how much wine were you able to bring on board? Do they still allow cans of coke, but not water?

Faster To The Fun - you basically pay $60 to get the same perks as Diamond/Platinum guests. Early boarding, having your room ready when you board, priority for tenders, special line at guest services, priority for disembarking.

I believe each guest can bring one 750ml bottle of wine? And wine is the only thing you can bring in a bottle. Cans only for soda, energy drinks, etc.

Faster To The Fun - you basically pay $60 to get the same perks as Diamond/Platinum guests. Early boarding, having your room ready when you board, priority for tenders, special line at guest services, priority for disembarking.

I believe each guest can bring one 750ml bottle of wine? And wine is the only thing you can bring in a bottle. Cans only for soda, energy drinks, etc.

Yes it is 1 750ml bottle of wine per person 21 and over. The sodas are a 12 pack of 12 oz cans per person.

I'm so glad you had a fun time! I am looking forward to mine in less than 2 weeks!! We have cruised before, but never out of NOLA. I hear it is the best and easiest, but of course I'm beginning to get the worried butterflies. We are using FTTF for the first time and I would love a little info for a beginner. Is it easy to know when and where you are allowed to go (as far as which lines and so on?) Are areas clearly marked? I don't want to feel like a "lost tourist" before I ever get started. ;) Any help would ease my mind and be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! P.S. what time should we arrive at the terminal for a smooth embarkation?

Edited by FrankandLolas2ndhoneymoon

P.S. what time should we arrive at the terminal for a smooth embarkation?

From what I've read, embarkation usually start around 11 AM for priority boarding (weddings, Diamond, Platinum, FTTF). We will be arriving at the Fulton garage around 10 AM for our cruise. That will allow time to get to the terminal, drop off luggage, get processed, get our picture taken, and a (hopefully) short wait to board. As for where to go, what lines, etc - Carnival does this all the time, so I am certain they have a good system in place. Just ask a Carnival employee if you are uncertain where to go. Our first ever cruise was out of NOLA last February with Royal Caribbean, and things ran smoothly. I'm certain Carnival does just as well....

We were at the terminal around 10:00 am. After dropping our luggage with the porters, we went in and proceeded up the escalator to the check-in area. The FTTF logo is on the boarding pass you print out, so instead of directing us to one side or the other to get in the check-in line, they sent us directly up the center and we were called to the next available agent. It was quite easy. Then they directed us to an area to sit and wait to be called to board.

Great review! We'll sail on Dream on 11/22. This will be our 2nd sailing on Dream. Sounds like the shows are the same as what we saw last time, but that's okay. I remember them being very good. Can't say enough about Blackjack Band - we've sailed with them several times and LOVE them!! Dream is definitely one of our favorite ships.

Did you just take a taxi to the distillery for the 7 fathoms tour? I looked at that tour on Trip Advisor..is it still $15 pp? Fun?

Thank you!

We booked thru Discount Excursions online. They have a kiosk in the port area. It was $17 pp and included transport to and from the distillery. It was fun. Tasted about 8 different liquors and then he took us into distillery and explained the process. Our driver dropped us at Paradise Cafe to meet friends and snorkel which was nice.

We booked thru Discount Excursions online. They have a kiosk in the port area. It was $17 pp and included transport to and from the distillery. It was fun. Tasted about 8 different liquors and then he took us into distillery and explained the process. Our driver dropped us at Paradise Cafe to meet friends and snorkel which was nice.

Thank you..sounds like a fun way to spend the day.