Name issue?

mauijerry

This may be a weird question and I will try and word it properly. I have two middle names and they are both spelled out fully on my drivers license and passport. But when I filled out my check-in form for HAL the box for middle names only allowed X number of letters so that my second middle name is three letters short. My PCC said it would be no problem but I am still concerned! Any thoughts?

Thank you!

This may be a weird question and I will try and word it properly. I have two middle names and they are both spelled out fully on my drivers license and passport. But when I filled out my check-in form for HAL the box for middle names only allowed X number of letters so that my second middle name is three letters short. My PCC said it would be no problem but I am still concerned! Any thoughts?

Thank you!

You'll be fine. Airline systems will have similar limitations. Fill it out as completely as you can and when the system stops letting you type let it be. They will be able to see that you filled it out as completely AS YOU COULD which is the most anyone can ask

Thank you!

Yes, I have a similar situation (very long first and middle names) and have never had a problem with checking in with either HAL or any US-based airline ... if it's make you feel better, you can call your intended airline and pose the question to it ...

I had the same issue and the passport office (Canada) advised me to eliminate my middle name from my passport and driver's license (which I have done on my renewals). I had no issue with the airlines or cruise documents but I was advised that as security tightens it may become an issue.

I thought it was good advice - so just sharing in case it may be beneficial.

Just thinking that if you've used up all the spaces in the name areas, you may have also lost some numerics in the cabin booking area. Your new cabin could be life boat #2 vs. cabin 5412. Guess you'll find out that one when boarding or during muster drill & you find out who you'll be sharing life boat with...

Have a great trip!!!!

Should not be a problem as I had a hyphenated last name, which did not fit on all travel documents. Thankfully the passport and driver's license are okay. As most boarding document only allow so many total characters, for years I traveled with the 1st name of 'The' or 'Ther' as that was all the room that was left after my last name. Never had a problem with this so as this is your middle name, you should be just fine.

A similar situation arose for us between the booking name, the airline frequent flyer program name, and the passport name. A simple phone call to the airline and Holland resolved it, names were matched to the passport and permanent notes were added to the file. We did this early and had no issues after.