Tips on World Cruising booked in segments

Joanie Baloney

We are booked on a world cruise on Cunard, Queen Mary, Ft. Lauderdale Jan 20 to New York May 17 2016. We have booked this cruise in 7 segments and currently have 7 different BC category staterooms! Any advice on how to get the same stateroom on at least some of these segments?

Also, any advice on procedure with changing staterooms on each segment? ie luggage, valuables, etc.? Thank you for any help!!!!

Joanie Baloney

No advice, I'm afraid. But I'm curious: why did you book them separately? I don't know about Cunard, but on other lines you get a better price and more perks by booking as the full world cruise. And, of course, you stay in the same cabin.

Have you contacted your TA or, if you didn't use one, the cruise line to request that you stay in one cabin throughout?

Sounds like you need a cruise agent who regularly does WCs. Did you get any perks( OBC, free wifi, alcohol package, special dinners, pre hotel, transfers etc.?) If not, change agents immediately. No need for 7 cabins at this early time. Your room steward moves your stuff for you.Are you aware that Cunard is a very formal ship and one dresses up for dinner nightly? So contact whomever did these bookings. Make sure you get an acceptable, quiet cabin that suits you; one with no public spaces directly above you.

I am booked on two sailings Jan 17 from NY to Southampton and then on May 10 to May 17th to NY so it is round trip from Brooklyn and both sailings add up to the world cruise with free paid gratuities and onboard credit. you can email me with any other questions since I have been on the Queen Mary 2 three times anchorsawayfaye@aol.com

No advice' date=' I'm afraid. But I'm curious: why did you book them separately? I don't know about Cunard, but on other lines you get a better price and more perks by booking as the full world cruise. And, of course, you stay in the same cabin.

Have you contacted your TA or, if you didn't use one, the cruise line to request that you stay in one cabin throughout?[/quote']

Hi, Thank you for your reply.....we booked in segments to maximize our onboard credit.....ie rather than getting obc's once, we get them 7 times...makes a huge difference.

We have been working with a TA....she knows we wish one cabin.....problem is ship is almost full, making options minimal.

Sounds like you need a cruise agent who regularly does WCs. Did you get any perks( OBC, free wifi, alcohol package, special dinners, pre hotel, transfers etc.?) If not, change agents immediately. No need for 7 cabins at this early time. Your room steward moves your stuff for you.Are you aware that Cunard is a very formal ship and one dresses up for dinner nightly? So contact whomever did these bookings. Make sure you get an acceptable, quiet cabin that suits you; one with no public spaces directly above you.

Hi, thanks for the info; wondering what happens to the luggage in between when we leave stateroom A and stateroom B is cleaned and becomes available?

Re the perks....we got an amazing amount of obc on each segment (altho some of it is because of shareholder credit, military discount, etc)

We have sailed previously on Cunard, so are aware of their formality. Thanks!

I am booked on two sailings Jan 17 from NY to Southampton and then on May 10 to May 17th to NY so it is round trip from Brooklyn and both sailings add up to the world cruise with free paid gratuities and onboard credit. you can email me with any other questions since I have been on the Queen Mary 2 three times anchorsawayfaye@aol.com

Hi, thank you for the offer to email with questions....I shall do so, and appreciate any help you can give!

$9000 quite amazing. I am an agent for over 13 years and I know i am not supposed to say this and never did so I suspect my post will be deleted If you are a past guest which is called a world cruise club , you should get a past guest discount and if your agent set up a group or in your case groups, you can get those discounts, etc. I am on this cruise round trip from NY Sounds like you got a great deal $9000 although with my discounts and tips, etc, it is almost the same. Enjoy your planning It is exciting

Hi,

We didn't get free grats. We got a total of about $9000 obc for the entire cruise. What are world club discounts and group discounts?

You will miss out on the full World cocktail parties (usually one every segment), the five or six gifts, the use of the World Voyage Concierge, and the gala dinner party held in one port during the cruise as well as the pre-paid gratuities. For $9000 onboard credit I would likely give those up as well.:D