Princess Website--not working

weedhopper

The home page was not working yesterday. I actually then tried via a link in an email they sent and I was able to get into the personalizer that way but then the home page would not work to do a new search. If anyone has to get into their personalizer for a reason before it gets fixed then try thatv

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having issues with Princess's website (yesterday). First of all it won't let me log in under the Cruise Personalizer page using just my user name and password. I use a password manager so I know it is the correct log in info, but just to be sure I used the forgot password link and it sent me and email showing me that the password I have is the one I'm using (I was able to log in with my name and booking number). All I simply want to do is give Princess money (cruise payment), shouldn't be an issue right? So I fill in all the info to make a payment, you know name, address, country, but they also have a new box marked district. Whaaaat? Even has a dropdown arrow, which has nothing in it and it does not allow you to type in the box. You can not leave this box blank it is required to make a payment.

So I called and of course they took my payment over the phone. The lady on the phone was very nice. I told her I am not directing my oncoming rant at her, but rather to the folks that listen to the record calls (for quality assurance and training, we'll see!). I basically told her that I have been on many cruise lines and this is my first time with Princess. First impressions are everything when a company is providing a service such as this. I know overall Princess has a good reputation in the cruise industry, but when I see an issue with a website that is just, well ignorant as to have a box marked district when I live in the USA. It makes me wonder if they cannot handle the simple complexity of a website compare to the complexity of running a cruise ship... Let's just hope they have better cruise ship staff then IT staff.

I even told the lady "You know there is a post about Princess's website on Cruise Critic", she said "I am not surprised"