Oasis All Access Tour

We will be sailing on the Oasis in March and I am interested in the All Access Tour. It is fairly pricey at $196 and if my wife also goes we are looking at $400.00? Is the 3 1/2 hour tour worth it?

OMG-------They raised the price on that too:eek:

We did it two sailings ago when it was $150pp

It was excellent.

Well coordinated and having the opportunity to see everything is truly amazing.

Just wear closed toe shoes and long pants.

WE LOVED IT!!!

It was excellent.

WE LOVED IT!!!

The $196 is CDN$. Aren't we lucky.

OP...read about the last 4 pages of this thread if you want to save some money. Basically you can buy US$ OBC at the rate of $110 CDN for every $100 US. You won't get that at any bank.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159570&page=76

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It was excellent.

WE LOVED IT!!!

Just was thinking, and paying attention to since I've got Oasis coming up.

To the OP, "worth it" Using OBC it seems like free money and worth it, that is what I did for the $250 cabana on Labadee, and was thinking about doing for this. Now spending real money? :D I might try to tell my wife she would rather stay by the pool so I can spend a little less.

The $196 is CDN$. Aren't we lucky.

OP...read about the last 4 pages of this thread if you want to save some money. Basically you can buy US$ OBC at the rate of $110 CDN for every $100 US. You won't get that at any bank.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159570&page=76

You are correct when you say this is in Cdn$. If I was to purchase it in American dollars would it not cost me more money? We are sucking wind right now at 75 cents on the American dollar!!

You are correct when you say this is in Cdn$. If I was to purchase it in American dollars would it not cost me more money? We are sucking wind right now at 75 cents on the American dollar!!

Click the link to the thread. If you booked in CDN$ then you can buy US$ OBC from Royal. Buying $100US will only cost you $110 CDN. Most times they impose a limit of buying $500 per transaction.

The price in US $ for the tour is$150. Factoring in the exchange rate by buying OBC that brings the cost of the tour to $165 CDN. If you purchase it on board vs $196 ahead of time.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The hubby went on this tour on the Allure a few years back and he found it very interesting. As someone mentioned you can take still pictures. The one area that I believe he mentioned about was that they would not allow you in the engine area (which I can understand for security/safety reasons.

Have a wonderful time!:D

My husband really enjoyed it. I chose not to go because I had hurt my foot that day and there is a lot of walking and stair climbing. He found it very interesting and worth the $150 he paid. He took a lot of pictures. Be sure you sign up the day you board. He was lucky to get the last spot on the last tour.

Edited by kalliekae

Does anyone know if you can bring a camera on the tour? Guessing "No" :rolleyes:

I've seen many pictures from people on this tour so the answer is yes, at least mostly. I think I remember somone saying their are places they don't let you take photos.

Yes, do it! You won't regret it. It is fantastic and so interesting. I loved to see the huge storerooms of food and drink, and especially the kitchen areas. The whole tour is well worth it. We booked this via the cruise planner weeks before our sail date, I think it was listed under excursions.

We will be sailing on the Oasis in March and I am interested in the All Access Tour. It is fairly pricey at $196 and if my wife also goes we are looking at $400.00? Is the 3 1/2 hour tour worth it?

I am curious, for your cruise in March, when did the all access tour become available to book? We will be on Allure next October and I really want to get this for my Father. I assume it sells out fast?

I am curious, for your cruise in March, when did the all access tour become available to book? We will be on Allure next October and I really want to get this for my Father. I assume it sells out fast?

About the same time entertainment was available to book. Guessing just after final payment date on Oasis for us. :)

The guides also asked that no pictures be taken of workers when we saw a brief area of their lounges and dining areas.

And on the Allure, they provided the workers with a "bar" near the Helipad that had a partial side opening that was kept open (I guess the big doors would be closed when they wanted) that was a smokers bar..............and yes workers were enjoying their free time.

It was shown to us near the end of the tour where they offered Mamosas and drinks to us.

The tour was very well done.

Enjoy