Is there anything to do in port in Cozumel?

Erin Dreamer

I have some mobility issues so many of excursions offered by the ship are not possible choices for me. Sometimes we like to get off the boat and enjoy craft markets or shopping or getting a snack at a restaurant if they are located where the ship docks. Can anyone tell me if there are such places at the dock in Cozumel? I think I have read that the ships dock at the International Dock. Thanks!

I have some mobility issues so many of excursions offered by the ship are not possible choices for me. Sometimes we like to get off the boat and enjoy craft markets or shopping or getting a snack at a restaurant if they are located where the ship docks. Can anyone tell me if there are such places at the dock in Cozumel? I think I have read that the ships dock at the International Dock. Thanks!

Are you on a Royal Caribbean or celebrity cruise? If so you will be at International Pier. This pier has quite a long walk from the ship to the port area where there are some tourist type shops and bars, not much available in the way of eating establishments in the immediate port area.

May I ask if you are able to walk a little, or do you require a scooter or wheel chair assistance? Sidewalks in Cozumel are very uneven so it would make a difference as to how far you can go. Are you able to travel in a taxi van with assistance?

Are you on a Royal Caribbean or celebrity cruise? If so you will be at International Pier. This pier has quite a long walk from the ship to the port area where there are some tourist type shops and bars, not much available in the way of eating establishments in the immediate port area.

May I ask if you are able to walk a little, or do you require a scooter or wheel chair assistance? Sidewalks in Cozumel are very uneven so it would make a difference as to how far you can go. Are you able to travel in a taxi van with assistance?

Thank you so much for your answer. Yes, I can travel in a taxi or van. If I walk any length of time I am in quite a bit of pain, but I do push myself and can take taxis to places. Perhaps there are taxis at the pier?

Thank you so much for your answer. Yes, I can travel in a taxi or van. If I walk any length of time I am in quite a bit of pain, but I do push myself and can take taxis to places. Perhaps there are taxis at the pier?

1. There are pedal-taxis that will take you down the long pier. Used them and love it!

2. There is a quite a bit of a walk through the port shopping area to get to the taxi stand; however, once you get there, grabbing a taxi is easy. DH has mobility issues and was more than happy to take short breaks on the benches that are all over the place and let me shop for a few minutes while he rested.

1. There are pedal-taxis that will take you down the long pier. Used them and love it!

2. There is a quite a bit of a walk through the port shopping area to get to the taxi stand; however, once you get there, grabbing a taxi is easy. DH has mobility issues and was more than happy to take short breaks on the benches that are all over the place and let me shop for a few minutes while he rested.

Could you tell another newbie how much those pedal taxis cost? Thanks in advance.

(No mobility issues, but I plan on doing a lot of walking during my Cozumel day, and I don't find those long pier walks to be particularly enlightening--would rather save that foot stamina for something else.)

I see you have travelled Carnival so probably stopped at Puerta Maya which has the pedal-taxis. I think Punta Langosta has them also.

OP is stopping at International and I have never noticed them there but I am sure someone else will confirm one way or the other.

Once you get to the taxi stand there are lots of taxis available. Prices are listed on a board. Just let the dispatcher know where you want to go and confirm price and destination with driver before you leave.

If you want a private tour of Cozumel I would contact ToursPlaza and let them know your needs and see if they can help. We have used them many times. They have a very informative website and will take you wherever you want to go, stay with you and help if necessary and wait for you while you shop, eat or relax.

Edited by c-leg5

Could you tell another newbie how much those pedal taxis cost? Thanks in advance.

(No mobility issues, but I plan on doing a lot of walking during my Cozumel day, and I don't find those long pier walks to be particularly enlightening--would rather save that foot stamina for something else.)

They are paid on a tipping basis, I beleive. You just hop on and at the end, give them a tip. I would recommend at least $5, but I'd probably give them $10. It's up to you as to your generosity to them for giving you the ride. :)

I would double check-though. They may charge a fee now. couple of bucks I would imagine, but ask before your board just to make sure.