On line check not working

edgee

Just throwing this out there, because everyone thinks it's such a travesty of Celebrity for having such an inept web site and I see the complaining daily:

Other than cruise lines, I can't think of another industry that allows 10's of thousands of customers to log in from different types of computers, different operating systems, different internet programs, and let's these customers make and change and input hundreds, if not thousands, of changes to their product.

It's not a simple thing we are asking for:

Imagine what these thousands and thousands of people are doing at any given moment on the Celebrity's website:

Making and changing a reservation, making a payment, making a specialty dinner reservation, ordering merchandise, making dining room reservations, making pre and post cruise arrangements, ordering and paying for excursions, ordering and paying for drink packages, filling out check-in information, immigration information, looking at their cruise documents, printing out their documents and Xpress passes, etc.. And this doesn't touch on the people who are just looking around the site for information about cruises, putting cabins on hold, exploring the different ships, looking up Captain's club benefits, looking at specialty restaurants and the hundreds and hundreds of stuff people are interested in finding out about the Celebrity product.

During my online check-in process the other night I was able to put it all on hold while the website looked up my husband's Captain's Club number...that seems pretty awesome to me....and no small fete of website excellence.

It doesn't take much to make people feel entitled to a flawless system that wasn't even available a decade or so ago!! And a system that is technically and consistently changing.

I have a son who is a software engineer and works for IGT. He and his team will work a year or so on ONE new video slot machine....and all someone is going to do is sit at it and push a few buttons. The amount of time the Celebrity IT people spend on their website must be enormous....and they get no love from the people who use it.....only complaints.....maybe more like a slot machine than I thought!! :D:D

Never once have I had a problem with the online check in on:

Princess

Norwegian

Royal Caribbean

Holland America

Carnival

Wouldn't those be similar to that of Celebrity?

Just a thought!

Never once have I had a problem with the online check in on:

Princess

Norwegian

Royal Caribbean

Holland America

Carnival

Wouldn't those be similar to that of Celebrity?

Just a thought!

I've never had a problem on any cruise line website, so maybe the issues don't actually exist. :)

Though, when I do a search for "website" on each of those cruise line forums on Cruise Critic I find complaints on all of them. So apparently the Celebrity website isn't unique.

Don't exist?? Really?? :confused:

Even my TA said that if there is a problem with a website, more often than not, it is Celebrity's website.

Really? That's what what you chose to pick out of my comments and question? I was poking a little fun at the previous poster's remark that they hadn't had any problems on others cruise line websites, so it must be just Celebrity's site that is bad.

The websites on all cruise lines have numerous problems, go over to their forums and you will see...it's part and parcel of the expanding Information Age...we all want to do whatever we want with our reservations whenever we want to and we expect perfection. Unfortunately it's not going to happen.

Picking apart websites has become the new "smoking on balconies" topic on Cruise Critic.

Just took the time to do online check-in for my upcoming cruise on Connie. I know it's still a bit early (we don't sail until 3/14), but I always like to get these things out of the way.

Went to print the pass for check-in at the pier, and it's telling me that I can't print until the cruise is paid for in full. It's been paid in full for over a week, and I even have the confirmation email showing zero balance.

Just took the time to do online check-in for my upcoming cruise on Connie. I know it's still a bit early (we don't sail until 3/14), but I always like to get these things out of the way.

Went to print the pass for check-in at the pier, and it's telling me that I can't print until the cruise is paid for in full. It's been paid in full for over a week, and I even have the confirmation email showing zero balance.

We had a similar issue. Apparently X only update the website for final payment a couple of times a week. If concerned give the call centre a ring and give them a hurry up or if you used a TA get them to give X a hurry up.

We had a similar issue. Apparently X only update the website for final payment a couple of times a week. If concerned give the call centre a ring and give them a hurry up or if you used a TA get them to give X a hurry up.

That explains it then. I'll try again next week. :)