On line check not working

edgee

Curt

do you have a ph number that an upper level suite guest can call to get some paperwork issues sorted out.....friend has several booked cruises in upper level suites but may cancel all...exasperated with paperwork...and little help from reps b/c they do not have the answers?

At one point , I thought suite people had a dedicated line...just like Zeniths...just trying to help her out!

Nope, I got nothing. I don't even have a dedicated person at X to call. I asked on my last cruise about hearing others have CVP's assigned, they said they randomly assign people I said well do what you can to get me someone but so far nothing.

So I just have to call standard numbers, until I get an email from the concierge for a specific cruise then I have contact with the shoreside concierge for a specific sailing.

I recommend email concerns@celebrity.com - I got results yesterday cleaning up a bunch of captains club issues and missing bonus points for solo sailings within 3 days of emailing. Or if they have had an email in the past from a suite concierge shoreside, go thru them I've been successful with that tactic too..

Or if they happen to be thinking about canceling a PH or RS on the 11/28 Connie cruise I'm on, advise them to do so, and let me know so I can upgrade :D

ALternately, if they used a TA, TA should be battling for them, that's what I do these days with weird issues - transferring from TA to other groups etc, required lots of paperwork for me, but mine handled it all.

Edited by cle-guy

Mine suddenly said we were not checked in although we did it many months ago, suddenly changed to 50%. Every time we put in the credit card it says 'data cannot be accepted'. Tried again and now the Xmas booking had taken it and we can now print th express pass but the new year one won't work. Got the guest ticket booklets from dong it before but we can't get to the cores pass now without the card details going in. Still got 5 weeks so hopefully sorted before then.

Surprise! At long last, there is a notice that pops up when you click on "Online Check in" saying that they are having technical difficulties and to expect problems for the next 48 hours. In all of this discussion of various problems over the last month or so, this is the first time I've seen a written admission by Celebrity that there is a problem. Now.....will they actually fix anything and how long will it take????

Likely that's an error...based on history, the text probably should have read 48 weeks.

Likely that's an error...based on history, the text probably should have read 48 weeks.
So true!

But it looks like it is still going to be a long time before they get that website replaced. So in the meantime, they continue to patch it.

Another poster was complaining about a problem caused by a Captain's Club name not matching, but a Captain's Cliub membership is not even necessary.

All they care about when we check in is that the name on the cruise reservation matches the name on the passport.

If the Captain's Club membership causes a problem, the agent can just remove the Captain's Club number from the reservation.

My concern at check-in is with getting on the ship, not with collecting Captain's Club points,

especially at a time when they are having problems with the check in procedure.

As long as I have proof that I took the cruise, I would rather wait and deal with any Captain's Club issues later, or possibly even ask if the Captain's Club hostess on the ship can take care of the matter.

We have found them to be very helpful when it comes to resolving any problem involving Captain's Club membership.

Nope, I got nothing. I don't even have a dedicated person at X to call. I asked on my last cruise about hearing others have CVP's assigned, they said they randomly assign people I said well do what you can to get me someone but so far nothing.

So I just have to call standard numbers, until I get an email from the concierge for a specific cruise then I have contact with the shoreside concierge for a specific sailing.

I recommend email concerns@celebrity.com - I got results yesterday cleaning up a bunch of captains club issues and missing bonus points for solo sailings within 3 days of emailing. Or if they have had an email in the past from a suite concierge shoreside, go thru them I've been successful with that tactic too..

Or if they happen to be thinking about canceling a PH or RS on the 11/28 Connie cruise I'm on, advise them to do so, and let me know so I can upgrade :D

ALternately, if they used a TA, TA should be battling for them, that's what I do these days with weird issues - transferring from TA to other groups etc, required lots of paperwork for me, but mine handled it all.

Thanks...maybe I'll rec the e address you listed. .... there's no TA involved but someone spending mega bucks should certainly get some service from someone.( as should all pax) ....only wish we could afford a suite but very happy in AQ class...hope our boarding passes arrive as promised!

This "problem" comes up frequently when women get married and change their name after booking a cruise, but there is no need for it to be a problem at all if you simply use whichever name is on your passport.

If they are not the same, just change the name on your cruise reservation so that it matches your passport name exactly.

That is quick and easy to do and it avoids any hassles or aggravation.

When you check in for your cruise, nobody cares whether or not you are married, only that the name on your cruise reservation matches the name on the passport you present.

Thank you for your insight. I do appreciate it.

Celebrity/my TA both say that my cruise is listed under my new name, which matches my passport. However, in the online computer system, everything is screwed up as the captains club stuff still shows my old last name so I just get error message when I try to review my reservations/cruises, look up shore excursions, check out dates in each both, upgrade beverage packages, etc. It is mostly frustrating because. Have a TA, so when I call X to do any of these things they see errors, then figure it out and refer me back to my TA. Then my TA calls, they ask for confirmation paperwork again, rinse and repeat. For this cruise, I will just deal with adding these things when the cruise starts. I give up going round and around and around.

The issue however arises when you have a Captain's Club Number which info does not match the name of the passenger on the reservation.

So yes change reservation is simple, but if you then link Captain's club account to it and it has old name still, it won't let you get captains club points or note status on the reservation, so you have to then fax and send paperwork to captains club to get that resolved in order for the verification step in Check-In to allow the number on the reservation.

I had issue where TA booked me as Curt, but my Captain;s club was CURTIS, and i wouldn't link. SO my TA changes reservation to CURTIS< and all was good to go. But had I wanted to keep CURT, then I would have has to fax proof of name change to captains club to have them update the record there.

This, exactly. Sorry you have been there too.

So true!

But it looks like it is still going to be a long time before they get that website replaced. So in the meantime, they continue to patch it.

Another poster was complaining about a problem caused by a Captain's Club name not matching, but a Captain's Cliub membership is not even necessary.

All they care about when we check in is that the name on the cruise reservation matches the name on the passport.

If the Captain's Club membership causes a problem, the agent can just remove the Captain's Club number from the reservation.

My concern at check-in is with getting on the ship, not with collecting Captain's Club points,

especially at a time when they are having problems with the check in procedure.

As long as I have proof that I took the cruise, I would rather wait and deal with any Captain's Club issues later, or possibly even ask if the Captain's Club hostess on the ship can take care of the matter.

We have found them to be very helpful when it comes to resolving any problem involving Captain's Club membership.

Get this? They cannot remove the Captain's Club number from a reservation AFTER an error has occurred without a ticket to IT to do so. No way do I trust that!

All in all, I hugely regret changing my name on my passport and wish I had waited until after this cruise was over. When I say I have spent about 6 hours dealing with it and my assistant has spent almost as much time, I'm not exaggerating. If any other newlyweds think about this, AT LEAST remove your captain's club number from your reservation first, then have your name updated on your reservation with paperwork. After that is confirmed, do the same with Captain's Club. After you can log into Captain's Club and see your new name, THEN link your CC# to the cruise. Or, just don't change your name until after the honeymoon.

Could someone please explain to me the difference between a northern hemisphere and a southern hemisphere hour. My understanding is: A southern hemisphere hours is made is made up of 60 minutes which in turn is made up of 3600 seconds. A southern hemisphere hour when multiplied by 24 makes a southern hemisphere day and 7 southern hemisphere days make a southern hemisphere week. We in the Southern hemisphere have been experiencing problems with Celebrity On Line check in now for over a southern hemisphere week yet 3 southern hemisphere days ago we were advised on the Celebrity website that all would be okay in 48 hours. These must be Northern hemisphere hours as they bear no relevance to our southern hemisphere hours. Confused?????!!!! SO am I as to why

Edited by Beanb41

This, exactly. Sorry you have been there too.

What I would so, is email X at concerns@celebrity.com. Include your captains club number and reservation number, and copy of new passport and copy of marriage certificate, and explain you need Captain's Club to exactly match since you've now been married.

This should be all that's needed.

As I said in prior posts, I have gotten decent results with that email. The email to Captains Club, well I'm still waiting and it's been 5 months now.

Cash or credit isn't my issue. I can't get the site to recognize my Captain's Club number. Called Sunday and told they were aware of the issue and to wait until Wednesday. Just for grins and giggles I tried a few minutes ago. Not resolved yet. Rather than raise my blood pressure, I'll ignore the Celebrity site for a couple of days then try again. Hopefully their IS hamsters will dig out of the litter and fix this by then.

It's not recognizing my wife's number either but my is OK. However if I would click on 'manage my reservation', my DW's number is there but mine disappeared...

What I would so, is email X at concerns@celebrity.com. Include your captains club number and reservation number, and copy of new passport and copy of marriage certificate, and explain you need Captain's Club to exactly match since you've now been married.

This should be all that's needed.

As I said in prior posts, I have gotten decent results with that email. The email to Captains Club, well I'm still waiting and it's been 5 months now.

I think this is good advice... it has been much easier to get thru to our Celeb vacation planner than Cap Club...they must be understaffed...the concerns e mail should help...

• 1 month later...

Broken again...evidently 2016 just threw them for a loop!! So frustrating... going to need a vacation once this is all over and done!! :mad:

over 3 hours spent on this so far and no closer to a solution

Edited by Cruise Raider

I did our online checkin and printed our Xpress pass last night. Even the Captain's Club number look up worked, which is a first for me. Interesting that it works well for some people and not at all for others.

I was able to get in touch with my travel agent and she went to bat for me. I was sent out a check in by email to fill out and deliver to the pier during check in. I tried one more time online and finally got it to work. Don't know what the problem was but was even able to print out my express pass.

that only took me 4 hours of my time....but done now and not booked for another Celebrity cruise until 2017. Whew!!

I was able to get in touch with my travel agent and she went to bat for me. I was sent out a check in by email to fill out and deliver to the pier during check in. I tried one more time online and finally got it to work. Don't know what the problem was but was even able to print out my express pass.

that only took me 4 hours of my time....but done now and not booked for another Celebrity cruise until 2017. Whew!!

yup! All you need it a document showing you are booked with your cabin number. Forget the $^%$%$^ web site for checkin and luggage tags. Just show up at the pier. lots less time until things get sorted out. Website is Really broken for many this time.

yup! All you need it a document showing you are booked with your cabin number. Forget the $^%$%$^ web site for checkin and luggage tags. Just show up at the pier. lots less time until things get sorted out. Website is Really broken for many this time.

Thanks for that info! I will remember it for next time rather than getting myself so frustrated! What is the deal with that IT dept?? I cannot imagine any business allowing that to go on and on for so long. And those horrible wait times to get through to a Celebrity representative. Not for any monetary gains, but I book a lot of cruises for other people as cruising is my passion. I would have egg on my face if I recommend this line to anyone else just to go through that frustration. So happy to know we can just show up with our booking.

Just throwing this out there, because everyone thinks it's such a travesty of Celebrity for having such an inept web site and I see the complaining daily:

Other than cruise lines, I can't think of another industry that allows 10's of thousands of customers to log in from different types of computers, different operating systems, different internet programs, and let's these customers make and change and input hundreds, if not thousands, of changes to their product.

It's not a simple thing we are asking for:

Imagine what these thousands and thousands of people are doing at any given moment on the Celebrity's website:

Making and changing a reservation, making a payment, making a specialty dinner reservation, ordering merchandise, making dining room reservations, making pre and post cruise arrangements, ordering and paying for excursions, ordering and paying for drink packages, filling out check-in information, immigration information, looking at their cruise documents, printing out their documents and Xpress passes, etc.. And this doesn't touch on the people who are just looking around the site for information about cruises, putting cabins on hold, exploring the different ships, looking up Captain's club benefits, looking at specialty restaurants and the hundreds and hundreds of stuff people are interested in finding out about the Celebrity product.

During my online check-in process the other night I was able to put it all on hold while the website looked up my husband's Captain's Club number...that seems pretty awesome to me....and no small fete of website excellence.

It doesn't take much to make people feel entitled to a flawless system that wasn't even available a decade or so ago!! And a system that is technically and consistently changing.

I have a son who is a software engineer and works for IGT. He and his team will work a year or so on ONE new video slot machine....and all someone is going to do is sit at it and push a few buttons. The amount of time the Celebrity IT people spend on their website must be enormous....and they get no love from the people who use it.....only complaints.....maybe more like a slot machine than I thought!! :D:D

We checked in a couple weeks ago and my wife said it went smooth as silk.printed off luggage tags and everything.but sounds like the problem is in the last week.feel bad for everyone who has had problems. Gives new cruisers a bad taste as far as starting out a cruise.

I'm sure celebrity will fix it...hang in there..

Just throwing this out there, because everyone thinks it's such a travesty of Celebrity for having such an inept web site and I see the complaining daily:

Other than cruise lines, I can't think of another industry that allows 10's of thousands of customers to log in from different types of computers, different operating systems, different internet programs, and let's these customers make and change and input hundreds, if not thousands, of changes to their product.

It's not a simple thing we are asking for:

Imagine what these thousands and thousands of people are doing at any given moment on the Celebrity's website:

Making and changing a reservation, making a payment, making a specialty dinner reservation, ordering merchandise, making dining room reservations, making pre and post cruise arrangements, ordering and paying for excursions, ordering and paying for drink packages, filling out check-in information, immigration information, looking at their cruise documents, printing out their documents and Xpress passes, etc.. And this doesn't touch on the people who are just looking around the site for information about cruises, putting cabins on hold, exploring the different ships, looking up Captain's club benefits, looking at specialty restaurants and the hundreds and hundreds of stuff people are interested in finding out about the Celebrity product.

During my online check-in process the other night I was able to put it all on hold while the website looked up my husband's Captain's Club number...that seems pretty awesome to me....and no small fete of website excellence.

I'm assuming you have heard of online retailing??