Anthem vs. NCL breakaway

I thought NCL had a better, more fun "vibe".

We have the same feelings, although I think some of it comes down to the crowd that BA attracts. We often just felt like we were out in NYC. Very active nightlife with a lively and fun crowd. Lots of drinking but people could handle their alcohol. Definitely a different "vibe" on the ship, although it isn't an apples to apples comparison to my Anthem cruise because we had a very old crowd on a longer sailing. I've seen more active crowds in the past on Explorer, but still nothing quite like BA.

• 1 year later...
I'd rather waste a day of my vacation time on a cruise ship, being catered to, eating and drinking then waste a day of my vactation time stuck in airports and on an airplane. We have cruised out of Bayonne many times and usually only the first sea day is cold in the winter. In March and beyond we are usually in warm weather the day after leaving port.

Why fly when I can get in my car at 8:30 AM in the morning and be at the port by 10 AM and on the ship at 11? AM?

ive sailed BA 2x out of NY and wondering how that compares to across the river em/disembarking?

also the parking charge at the port

I have not sailed Anthem, but we are booked for Sept. this year. We have sailed Explorer 3 times before the new terminal was built. We sailed Breakaway and NCL for the first time last Sept. and I can say first hand Cape Liberty is much better, quicker, easier to embark and disembark and that was like I said before the new terminal. We HATED the Manhattan terminal. Total chaos disembarkation, a lot of yelling at passengers. I will not sail Breakaway again or any ship out of Manhattan again because of that terminal. Breakaway itself we had issues with that I will not rehash. We had fun because it was still a cruise, and Bermuda was gorgeous as always, but Breakaway I had issues with design, passenger flow, elevators, and layout in general. Can't wait to be back with RCCL and trying Anthem in Sept.

Anthem embarking and disembarking is SIGNIFICANTLY better-- easier, faster, less chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

given the pax numbers that is impressive. any idea what parking is there?

i'm just hoping the balcony prices stay the same as oceanviews for a while until i can finalize plans

given the pax numbers that is impressive. any idea what parking is there?

i'm just hoping the balcony prices stay the same as oceanviews for a while until i can finalize plans

I don't drive so I have no idea. But there is a very active board for NYC/Bayonne departures, so you may want to check there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums