excursion payments

Retiring cajun

2016 Alaska cruises out of San Francisco require prepayment for shore excursions. All Alaska cruise tours require prepayment for land excursions.

I'm not sure how I feel about that . . while it would be nice to have the payment out of the way early, what if I change my mind. I feel like their current cancellation policy is confusing.

I'm not sure how I feel about that . . while it would be nice to have the payment out of the way early, what if I change my mind. I feel like their current cancellation policy is confusing.

And if you do pay in advance and change your mind, they will refund your money very quickly.

We had an excursion planned for next month in Cozumel. After reflecting we decided we wanted to do our own thing and I went into the personalizer and cancelled the excursion. By 5pm the next day that money was back in my account.

Unless I can use my shipboard credits, I refuse to prepay for shore excursions, or tips, in advance of the cruise. I guess that means that I might miss out on an excursion that I want, or I might have to pay a higher price for waiting to book an excursion on the ship.

IMHO, this is another blatant attempt by Carnival Corp. to extort monies from passengers in advance of the cruise. They have the use of your money, and you aren't able to use shipboard credits (many of which are non-refundable if not used on the cruise) to purchase your shore excursions. :mad:

Unless I can use my shipboard credits, I refuse to prepay for shore excursions, or tips, in advance of the cruise. I guess that means that I might miss out on an excursion that I want, or I might have to pay a higher price for waiting to book an excursion on the ship.

IMHO, this is another blatant attempt by Carnival Corp. to extort monies from passengers in advance of the cruise. They have the use of your money, and you aren't able to use shipboard credits (many of which are non-refundable if not used on the cruise) to purchase your shore excursions. :mad:

Totally agree. We are going with P & O (another Carnival company). They want prepayment. Have so much obc that will wait until onboard before booking any.