Waitlist for Different Dining times?

CheerMom15

I booked our cruise through a TA. The only time for "classic dining" was the later time which is 8 or 8:30. I called and requested to be on the early dining time (Classic 1) and was told my TA had to request it. I called the TA back and she said that she requested we be added to the waitlist for early seating. How do I know if we are on that waitlist? Do I just take her word for it or will it say somewhere in my reservation? The only dining info I can see on the reservation through RCCIs site is that we are Classic 2 dining. Thanks!

I booked our cruise through a TA. The only time for "classic dining" was the later time which is 8 or 8:30. I called and requested to be on the early dining time (Classic 1) and was told my TA had to request it. I called the TA back and she said that she requested we be added to the waitlist for early seating. How do I know if we are on that waitlist? Do I just take her word for it or will it say somewhere in my reservation? The only dining info I can see on the reservation through RCCIs site is that we are Classic 2 dining. Thanks!

You can also ask the TA for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. Your dining assignment and any waitlist will be shown on this document.

You can also ask the TA for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. Your dining assignment and any waitlist will be shown on this document.

Ok. I will ask for that. I know that is says on the website we are Classic 2 as of right now but it doesn't say anything about waitlist or waitlist status. I wasn't sure if I would be notified or just have to check and see every day if it changed. Thanks and I will request a copy of that document :)

Ok. I will ask for that. I know that is says on the website we are Classic 2 as of right now but it doesn't say anything about waitlist or waitlist status. I wasn't sure if I would be notified or just have to check and see every day if it changed. Thanks and I will request a copy of that document :)

Our experience has been that we are not notified and we just notice that the website shows a different dining time.

I called the TA back and they just called and confirmed with RCCI that we are on the waitlist for Classic 1 but it can't be confirmed right now... But I appreciate the help and will just check the site once a week or so to see if it changes. Still have a while to go for the actual cruise... But I can't wait!

If I am correct, once you are waitlisted for a time you desire - the higher level you are in Crown and Anchor - the better chances you have of getting your request.

Yes, Diamond and above are supposed to have priority waitlist requests in the Main Dining Room.

We were MTD on our original booking. When our setsail paperwork came it was early sitting.

Upon boarding, I went directly to the main dining room to get it changed. They couldn't do it, but put us on the "waiting list".

Oh well, we are only lowly D+. :confused:

About 3-4 weeks out, I asked my TA and he very nicely called RCI for me and got me switched from the waitlist to my preferred dining time. Depends on availability, though, I'm sure.

Thank you :) I'll keep watching as time gets closer. Its definitely not a show stopper... Just more reason for the drink package to keep up with coffee! lol