Coffee press

TiogaCruiser

About 6 months or so ago there was a coffee thread which included several people recommending a particular coffee press. I have searched, and cannot find that thread.:confused:

So, anyone have a recommendation? (I'm hoping those who may have participated may see this and respond. It's going to be a Christmas present for DH)

Are you looking for something to travel with or use at home?

An Aeropress is nice because it can be easily packed!

A Bodum French Press is an inexpensive option. We also have a stainless steel french press that stays hotter than the glass Bodum French Press.

For Cruising, I bring a Melitta pour over. I cannot handle bad coffee, so I bring my own ground coffee and baggies to dispose of grounds.

For Cruising, I bring a Melitta pour over. I cannot handle bad coffee, so I bring my own ground coffee and baggies to dispose of grounds.

Was on a cruise once with a couple who brought their own French press and coffee. The Lido staff was intrigued and they offered to clean it for the couple. It became an everyday occurrence, which was so nice to see.

A Bodum French Press is an inexpensive option. We also have a stainless steel french press that stays hotter than the glass Bodum French Press.

It will be for him to use at work. They just moved and no longer have a drip coffeemaker. It was replaced by what he describes as being like a unit dose coffee maker. (My guess is keurig) and food is no longer allowed in the work stations. He needs something that is easy and quick to use and likes plain coffee.

(It enhances ones ability to write C).

I think it was the aeropress as I had followed the links that were posted in the original thread and they are familiar.

We bring a pour over as well. Works great and no breakage.

We use Aeropress on our cruises. I usually get a disposable cup somewhere, hopefully cafe shop. Then I keep using it until it's pretty full of coffee grounds. I stick it on a shelf behind a door, so it won't tip over. After that, I throw it in the garbage and get another disposable up.

We usually take advantage of the Junior suites in Royal Caribbean because we get the tea kettles.

In the MDR, we may decide to bring our Aeropress on Rotterdam, and have coffee w/ dessert. On our last Royal Caribbean cruise, we hated their MDR coffee. But they want you to buy the specialty coffee.

Edited by knittinggirl

About 6 months or so ago there was a coffee thread which included several people recommending a particular coffee press. I have searched, and cannot find that thread.:confused:

So, anyone have a recommendation? (I'm hoping those who may have participated may see this and respond. It's going to be a Christmas present for DH)

May I suggest a NON glass French Press, and they have it at Starbucks and HomeGoods. The non glass ones wont break and will keep the coffee a bit warmer.