Is MSC worth it?

vnyislesv

You really think that of HAL? Then you have not cruised it! I have seen more older people that cannot move around on their own on Princess. I have been on 2 HAL, and although not for me, the older people can run circles around me !!! There are vibrant and energetic older people. Your comment was offensive!

European style of MSC is leisurely pace of dinner, where it is ok to be slow. The bar service does not badger you every moment while you are on the sun decks...they wait for you to signal them for service. They are much more laid back and not bothering you. The staff interact. The staff will dance with you, talk with you.

Its not in my signature but I actually have cruised them. Must have been 15+ years ago but I went from San Fran to a bunch of ports in Alaska. Old people galore is understating it.

I like the MSC buffet and I am not a fan of buffets. They have tons of pasta with different sauces. At the very back part there is international section where there is really good indian and Thai dishes. Their pizza in the buffet is wonderful. They have GREAT msc burgers and their fries are wonderful too. They have an extensive salad bar too.

No more comments on the pax ages on HAL, they change each cruise. We actually thought it was not old people and those who were more senior than we are were all in great shape and enjoying themselves.

We are booked on the Divina in the Yacht Club as opposed to the NCL Haven. All the indications are MSC is a better value than our most frequented line NCL.

BTW IMO the longer the cruise the older the passengers. It doesn't matter what the line is. :D

Yes, it's worth it with its Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale (a real sale, not some lame marketing gimmick). I took the plunge and booked a balcony yesterday.

Yeah I'm thinking it'll be the Divina May 14th unless something changes.

Royals Allure is $950pp, the Escape/Getaway is $1000pp/$950pp and MSC is $660pp. All interior. Carnival doesn't have anything worth talking about since I refuse to go on older ships.

Crazy how expensive everythings getting.

We are booked on the Divina in the Yacht Club as opposed to the NCL Haven. All the indications are MSC is a better value than our most frequented line NCL.

BTW IMO the longer the cruise the older the passengers. It doesn't matter what the line is. :D

You will love the YC. We did it on a whim because we wanted a change of pace and it is hard to go back to cruising on another line after experiencing the joys of the YC.

Many NCL suite and Haven guests have sailed in the YC and have been very happy with the experience. We have sailed in NCL suites and the Haven many times and are looking forward to YC experience...:D