Norovirus

Pandora1958

There is obviously people that were sick but chose to keep enjoying themselves & spreading the joy to all

I can only imagine if people get off the ship onto the islands it could spread quickly onshore

I have been stricken with e. Coli onboard the ship & I am sure I got the Noro in May but had no symptoms until after we got home then it hit

I took all the precautions while on the ship & shore not to get ill

CDC reports as of today there are 59 cases out of 1160 passengers which is 5.09%. 10 crew cases for 1.29%.

3 CDC officers will board in Miami. Those affected by the virus will be disembarked separately.

here is the link which was kindly provided by another poster (middle aged mom) on my live http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2015/dec2_oceania_riviera.htm

There is obviously people that were sick but chose to keep enjoying themselves & spreading the joy to all

I can only imagine if people get off the ship onto the islands it could spread quickly onshore

I have been stricken with e. Coli onboard the ship & I am sure I got the Noro in May but had no symptoms until after we got home then it hit

I took all the precautions while on the ship & shore not to get ill

The person who had the virus becomes immune to this year’s particular strain and secretes antibodies with the virus so it isn't contagious anymore to him, even though it is highly contagious to others.

This could mean that if your spouse had the virus in October but you didn't, in January he could bring it home and give it to you without ever being sick himself.

Jane you are correct people become immune to some things but seem to transmit them to others

When I worked in a hospital I was not sick but DH who was never sick before I started there was sick a lot more

My neighbour is a ER nurse ...her family suffers while she does not

Noro is everywhere. It was on Insignia WC. It becomes public info after 2% of passengers get it.I had it from my hometown, pure hell for 3 days.Diahraeha (sp?), easily taken care of thru meds but no cure for racking abdominal pains. I did not like the way O handled the situation.They put out more sanitizers but no staff making sure cruisers had to use them before dining like on Celebrity and other lines. It was like they wanted us to believe it was caused by food service. There should have been more info ,printed or from Capts. daily briefing.The older cruiser base was clueless. Ladies rushing in/out of fladies room, not washing. It is caused by fecal matter from unwashed hands.

Noro is everywhere. It was on Insignia WC. It becomes public info after 2% of passengers get it.I had it from my hometown, pure hell for 3 days.Diahraeha (sp?), easily taken care of thru meds but no cure for racking abdominal pains. I did not like the way O handled the situation.They put out more sanitizers but no staff making sure cruisers had to use them before dining like on Celebrity and other lines. It was like they wanted us to believe it was caused by food service. There should have been more info ,printed or from Capts. daily briefing.The older cruiser base was clueless. Ladies rushing in/out of fladies room, not washing. It is caused by fecal matter from unwashed hands.

Medical literature and the CDC agree hand sanitizers are ineffective against Noro and cold virus. The sanitizers are in every dining venue and gangway as a nicety and I use them for general purposes. They do not prevent viral illness and it is disingenuous for cruise lines to say that they do.

Washing hands with soap and hot water for twenty to thirty seconds is the gold standard.