Anyone just back from the Spirit?

NJLVW

I'm sorry, it won't let me copy android paste a link.

The web site is Vinow dot com.

It lists the holland America ship that tt no longer lists. Not sure why that is.

Be

I've me, I hope you have better information than I have. It's so much nicer to dock.

I'm sorry, it won't let me copy android paste a link.

The web site is Vinow dot com.

It lists the holland America ship that tt no longer lists. Not sure why that is.

Be

I've me, I hope you have better information than I have. It's so much nicer to dock.

It says "dock" on what I see, but none of this stuff is infallible by any means. Hope you do end up with a berth, because it's a nightmare otherwise. Might want to consider not taking an independent tour.

It says "dock" on what I see, but none of this stuff is infallible by any means. Hope you do end up with a berth, because it's a nightmare otherwise. Might want to consider not taking an independent tour.

Thanks for your help. We were planning a beach day. Sapphire, if the red algae isn't an issue. We considered a ship excursion, but they are all very short. I can't see doing the 4 hr tour to St. John thru the ship. It's just too short for me.

I'm hoping that more people will report back that ncl has improved their process. Its frustrating to think that this level of mediocrity is acceptable to them.

Hope springs eternal that we pleasantly surprised.

We were in an obstructed balcony (room 9202). The room was very clean and the balcony obstruction wasn't a big deal at all. The whole ship was very clean and comfortable.

So excited to hear about 9202! Researched on the internet and didn't read anything nice about this room. Thank you for the positive review.

Just curious, was the room noisy since it is under the Splash Academy?

Thanks!

So excited to hear about 9202! Researched on the internet and didn't read anything nice about this room. Thank you for the positive review.

Just curious, was the room noisy since it is under the Splash Academy?

Thanks!

No, we didn't hear a thing from the Splash Academy. Of course we were hardly in the room during the day when kids would likely be playing, but we did sleep in until 8:30 or 9:00 some days and didn't hear any kids. I've attached a few pictures (don't mind the messy room!)

1214540437_2016-01-0510_52_25.jpg.942edfd8c2b6bbfbc4b4192a940216e6.jpg

987635221_2016-01-0510_51_36.jpg.6c432342da8bb15328a8cfc39ec84474.jpg

Hoping someone just returning from their cruise has the new menus especially for the specialty restaurants or can remember what was on the menu compared to the Escape menus. I would so appreciate knowing. I was so excited to see the Cagney's menu for the Escape and am really hoping it is the same. Thank you in advance for anyone with the information.

Norma

Strang question, but does anyone have a pic of the closet? I'll be in an ocean view and I'm trying to see if I should bring hangers or put things on shelves

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I do not have a picture as this will be the first time cruising on the Spirit. I have found on all my other NCL cruises to just ask your room steward nicely for additional hangers and they will bring them. No need to take up extra space in your luggage...

We just got back from the Spirit on 1/23. I did not take a picture, but the closet is very roomy. There were probably 12-15 hangers some with pants clips and/or bars, some without. We packed some of our own (from the department store that we didn't mind leaving behind). The corner shelving in the closet also provides ample space for those clothes that can be folded...two stacks per shelf and about five or six shelves. Plus there are four small drawers in the skinny entertainment center that are great for underwear and swimsuits.

As for the shower, yes there is at least one safety bar in the shower and one or two more in the toilet/restroom area. However, we were on deck 9 in cabin 9596, and there is a short (4"?) step up to get into the bathroom.

Edited by epermar
Left information out

epermar, did you happen to notice the menus for the specialty restaurants? Wanting to know if the new menus are the same as what is on the Escape? Thank you.

Edited by NJLVW

We just got back from the Spirit on 1/23. I did not take a picture, but the closet is very roomy. There were probably 12-15 hangers some with pants clips and/or bars, some without. We packed some of our own (from the department store that we didn't mind leaving behind). The corner shelving in the closet also provides ample space for those clothes that can be folded...two stacks per shelf and about five or six shelves. Plus there are four small drawers in the skinny entertainment center that are great for underwear and swimsuits.

As for the shower, yes there is at least one safety bar in the shower and one or two more in the toilet/restroom area. However, we were on deck 9 in cabin 9596, and there is a short (4"?) step up to get into the bathroom.

Thank you we are on deck 9 as well.

Donna

We were on the Spirit last week (1/16 -1/23) and had a great time!!

Couple things:

• There is one plug next to the desk -- bring an extension cord/plugs.
  • The closet is big and had about 5 shelves (some were pretty deep).
  • "Dresser" with about 4/5 drawers (kind of shallow).
  • The hairdryer stinks -- it takes forever to dry your hair.
  • The bathroom is tight especially the toilet area.
  • Nice shower - good water pressure.
  • Hallways are spacious compared to the Epic.
  • The back area of the ship (above the kid's pool) has stadium seating that isn't very crowded and easy access to Raffles Buffet).
  • The apple enchilada dessert is the best!! Oh and those pretzel rolls!!
  • Putu at Shanghai bar is fantastic -- very professional and friendly once he gets to know you.
  • Jimmy at Champagne Charlies is all around great.
  • Mario (sparkly glasses) always had a smile on his face when he greeted us.
  • Pablo the guitarist is fantastic!!
  • Popcorn at Henry's Pub - great during the football games.
  • The crew was very very friendly.

I would go on this ship again in a heartbeat!

Debarked Jan 30. Had 9550 balcony room. Ugly, sewage smells in bathroom all week in spite of attempts by staff to fix this. We also noticed the same bad odor midships in several hallways.

Do bring some hangers. Extremely limited shelf and drawer space. You will need to hang as many garments as possible. Then ok for storage.

Tiniest balcony we have ever had. With that said, the ship is beautiful with great service and staff. Main dining rooms excellent. No lobster or prime rib without extra cost.

We brought an international electrical converter set. This gave us two usable outlets at the tiny (did I say tiny?) desk. At one of the outlets I connected a power strip which also had USB ports. Very handy.

WE found the bathroom hair dryer to be adequate.

A separate post will follow

We brought an international electrical converter set. This gave us two usable outlets at the tiny (did I say tiny?) desk. At one of the outlets I connected a power strip which also had USB ports. Very handy.

WE found the bathroom hair dryer to be adequate.

A separate post will follow

Is the converter necessary or can we plug the power strip into the outlet? We always bring one to charge things, hairdryer, flat iron, cpap machine. We sailed on the Spirit in 2009 but we didn't have the cpap machine at that time. I remember our TA telling us not to bring hair dryers and flat irons. I also remember people telling me that they weren't told that and they brought and used them just fine. I have extremely thick hair and really need my own hair dryer. Otherwise I will be in the bathroom for an hour while my husband waits his turn.

So back to the original question: do we need a converter? I don't remember bringing one last time. Our TA did not mention to any of us this time that we couldn't use a hair dryer or that we would need a special converter (we have a group of 13 going on this trip).

Thank you!!