Hanging wreaths on cabin doors

Thyme2cruise

We are leaving Friday for our cruise on the Danube on Vantage's River Splendor. Does anyone know if the doors are metal so we can hang a fresh wreath with a magnetic hook? Is it allowed? What about those hooks that you pull the tab & they aren't supposed to leave a mark? I'm soooo excited I can hardly stand it! Does anyone else decorate their cabins?

We are leaving Friday for our cruise on the Danube on Vantage's River Splendor. Does anyone know if the doors are metal so we can hang a fresh wreath with a magnetic hook? Is it allowed? What about those hooks that you pull the tab & they aren't supposed to leave a mark? I'm soooo excited I can hardly stand it! Does anyone else decorate their cabins?

I have spent 40 years of marriage trying to convince DW not to hang things on our doors -- it pulls on the hinges until the door sags and won't close properly. Cruise ships may be made of stronger stuff, but I don't want to get lax! :)

Fresh weath is a fire hazard, especially on a boat. And no, passengers do not install decorations in the halls. The ships' owners hire professional designers to do that.

Of course, you may decorate your cabin with as much flame retardant stuff as you wish.

Good sailing to you.

We sailed Nuremberg to Basel last December. We bought a (small, 5E) wreath at the market in Nuremberg and hung it INSIDE the cabin, on the mirrored wall, with a suction cup hook. Made our cabin smell wonderful and was a great combo with the televised fireplace and the carols on our computer when we were relaxing in the cabin. (and Avalon had 9 channels of different fireplace scenes!!!)

I had originally planned to get a tiny tree, but in the market stalls, preferred the wreath to the small tree options (and, given counter space in the cabin was taken up by all our stuff, this was a better idea for us in the end!)

Wreath.jpg.eef5b41a613a8d3216826dd53a141672.jpg

Edited by Hoyaheel

And yes, the ship's decorations are lovely! One of the things we enjoyed most about rafting (and about our embarkation day in NUE, where there were about 8 ships lined up at the dock) was seeing the varied decorations on each boat!

1351620981_Shipdecorations.jpg.f9cdcab8196938f5694a5ee481121651.jpg

And yes, the ship's decorations are lovely! One of the things we enjoyed most about rafting (and about our embarkation day in NUE, where there were about 8 ships lined up at the dock) was seeing the varied decorations on each boat!

AMA Waterways decorates the doors on their ships. Viking does not, and I haven't seen anyone do their own. I did get a small wreath in Nuremberg last Fri and have it hanging on the mirror, adds a festive touch. Guess I will have to trash it on Thur' unless someone is sailing on on Viking Var out of Frankfurt on Thur Dec4, then I would be happy to leave it at the desk for you. Let me know.

In 8 cruises with Vantage I have to admit I never noticed if the doors were metal or wood!! But I would be inclined to agree with all the previous posters that a fresh wreath would not be welcome due to the fire hazard and the dropping needles which are more nuisance than hazard. I would go with the others who purchased wreaths at the Christmas markets and hung them with suction cups on the mirrors....makes the room look and smell festive.If you really want to decorate the door I'd bring a suction cup and either bring or buy a huge red bow or other non-living wall hanging....except bells...don't bring bells :D

The AmaSerena was gorgeously decorated and each door had a wreath with ornaments. These were lit in the evening, which was quite lovely!

AMA always goes the extra step to make things special at the holidays. Loved their special touches and gifts. We will sail with them again, Viking doesn't compare in the perks department.