Will Guest Services punch a hole in Seapass cards on Anthem?

I am happy to report that Rob was able to punch holes in our cards and did not damage the RFID. We got them punched in the middle of the card about a half inch down, below the picture of the North Star itself, actually on the bottom of the connector piece.

Amusingly, I've had a couple of people come up to me asking if my card still worked, since they saw it on a lanyard. They had tried punching their own cards and broke the them. One person had it in the corner, not sure where the other was. I explained to them where it had to be punched. Both were quite excited to get the info and were going to try it again.

Hi All,

We have a trip on Harmony in a few weeks and would like to punch holes in our SeaPass cards for the same reasons the O.P. listed in their earlier posts....since we're not on ship with a NorthStar logo on the cards (per instructions above) ...not sure where to punch the hole safely (without damaging it)...Does anyone have a picture of a correctly punched RFID card or an xray of the card so I can figure out where to punch it without hitting the chip or the antenna?

Thank you in advance for your help!

:-)

Edited by Brandon B

..Does anyone have a picture of a correctly punched RFID card or an xray of the card so I can figure out where to punch it without hitting the chip or the antenna?

The antenna wire goes around the perimeter of the card about 1/4" from the edge. The RFID chip itself is about 1/2" in from the right edge of the card. So, if you punch a hole about 1/2" in from any of the corners, you should be OK.

The antenna wire goes around the perimeter of the card about 1/4" from the edge. The RFID chip itself is about 1/2" in from the right edge of the card. So, if you punch a hole about 1/2" in from any of the corners, you should be OK.

Thank you Biker19 for the info...I'll give that a try when we go and will confirm the results!

P.S.

here's a pic of me on my bike....

719354577_bikepic.jpg.c3e63c0b8438b86a9518a4232acbd5af.jpg

Thank you Biker19 for the info...I'll give that a try when we go and will confirm the results!

P.S.

here's a pic of me on my bike....

I like the coiled stretch lanyards from another cruise line that we reuse because it is like a leash and you can always find it in your purse or wear it on board if you do not have pockets or want to use a handbag/fanny pack. Lanyards with the open plastic pocket...card can fall out easily.

MARAPRINCE

When we boarded the Ovation, everyone's seapass card had a hole already punched in it. Think they know us Aussies love our lanyards. Hubby lost his seapass card and went to GS to get a new one and they would not punch a hole at first as they said they can't. He asked them again considering the original had the hole and with a real attitude they went and punched a hole and it seems their hole punch was too large and the hole needed to be near the edge and the card would break.

Given my husbands stubbornness and knowing that it was possible we lined up at the C&A desk where they were much more helpful and clearly had a smaller hole punch. Our holes were punched on the bottom left hand corner, close to the assembly station letter.

My God - have we become so lazy that we cannot take a plastic card out of your pocket !!! I sailed the first week of April on the Anthem and just kept that little card in my pocket - as well as my wife - and just took it out when needed. I have been on cruises where you needed a key to get in your room - guess that would have caused panic !!!!

My God - have we become so lazy that we cannot take a plastic card out of your pocket !!! I sailed the first week of April on the Anthem and just kept that little card in my pocket - as well as my wife - and just took it out when needed. I have been on cruises where you needed a key to get in your room - guess that would have caused panic !!!!

For our 9 year old son a hole punch would be perfect. We can always see that he has his card when he has it on his lanyard. On Harmony using the plastic card holder, while on the lanyard it actually fell out on two occasions. We had to go back and find it. A whole punch would be great for him.

I just put mine in my pocket.

Would anyone mind posting a picture of one of these fancy Anthem cards?

_HGD2165_1.jpg

Here's the card and a view of it which would help tell you where it's safe to punch a hole (away from the wires around the edge and chip by the Northstar).