Connecting in frankfurt

BEAV

We are flying United Global First SFO-FRA connecting to LX (Swiss) economy FRA-ZRH.

For those familiar with FRA, what are our best options for lounge access for the 4 1/2 hour layover. I read where we are able to access the LH Welcome Arrivals Lounge, however for connecting passengers that would entail an extra trip through security? Obviously, we're looking for the most streamlined option that will include lounge access.

Thanks....

We are flying United Global First SFO-FRA connecting to LX (Swiss) economy FRA-ZRH.

For those familiar with FRA, what are our best options for lounge access for the 4 1/2 hour layover. I read where we are able to access the LH Welcome Arrivals Lounge, however for connecting passengers that would entail an extra trip through security? Obviously, we're looking for the most streamlined option that will include lounge access.

Thanks....

Once you are through passport control you should be in the Schengen area.

This link lists the Lufthansa Schengen zone lounges you have access to:

- http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/airport-details?airportCode=FRA

The best lounge to use will depend on the assigned gate for the flight.

On your return, if you are also flying Star Alliance in business, after clearing passport control you have the choice of Lufthansa or Air Canada lounges.

Thanks....

Only Lufthansa First class, no others get their Lounge Not UAL or otherStar alliance and it is in a separate terminal.

There is a UAL fist class lounge however thatsfair...but no where near the Lufthansa terminal which is legendary

give it about 60 min for the connection.... UAL gate can offer you a lift if the Swiss gate is remote.....Wise tofly coach withSwiss their Business/first domestic isa 3 across coach seat with the middleseat blocked......ugh!

I always take the train in Baggage claim at FRA to Switzerland.... way nicer and scenic

Hey...in 3.5 hours you could be in Munich orZurich...with the train....really and righ tfrom baggage too..... Why sit in the friggen terminal for 4.5 hours for a 1hour flight... and all the hassel.

For that matter in 5 hours you could drive to Zurich area..have a car and be out of the airport

I read where we are able to access the LH Welcome Arrivals Lounge, however for connecting passengers that would entail an extra trip through security? Obviously, we're looking for the most streamlined option that will include lounge access.

Thanks....

Yes, you are eligible for the LH Welcome lounge. It would mean leaving the airside secure area and going through security again. With a layover as long as yours, there is plenty of time for this. It might be worth it because the Welcome Lounge is better than the standard LH Business lounges, in my opinion.

On my last flight to FRA, I arrived in the "B" gate area and had to walk underground to the "A" area which meant re-clearing security anyway.

BTW, the Welcome Lounge closes at 12:30 pm, as far as I know. So, you would have time to leave the Welcome Lounge and also visit the LH lounge in the "A" wing before your connecting flight.

Edited by SFCAcruiser
additional comment