Just off Liberty of the Seas

I plan to have two grandkids do the cupcake class in May. Kind of expensive but I just bought everything needed to make some Christmas cupcakes and spent that much in cake mix, frosting, decorations, tips, decorating bags, of course I will get a dozen out of that but kind of put it in perspective for me.

I doubt the kids will even eat them but the fun is making a memory.

I plan to have two grandkids do the cupcake class in May. Kind of expensive but I just bought everything needed to make some Christmas cupcakes and spent that much in cake mix, frosting, decorations, tips, decorating bags, of course I will get a dozen out of that but kind of put it in perspective for me.

I doubt the kids will even eat them but the fun is making a memory.

And if it were just a class for frosting cupcakes then I would have definitely skipped it, but they are decorations I would never have attempted on my own at home.

If you plan to walk off with your luggage, do you have to go to Guest Services and get a scheduled time (like we did on the Navigator)? Or how does that work?

Thanks in advance!

I looked back at what notices I did keep in my file and unfortunately can't find the sheet with the self-debarkation information on it and I can't recall the instructions clearly enough to say. Sorry!

If you plan to walk off with your luggage, do you have to go to Guest Services and get a scheduled time (like we did on the Navigator)? Or how does that work?

Thanks in advance!

No signing up with Guest Services when we were on Liberty earlier in the year. Just keep your bags and get in line when as detailed in the "As You Depart" letter you will receive in your stateroom.

Awesome! He watches me wine, beer & martini taste, too. Are there any real tastings? Not the free stuff but the kind with information.

Check out Vintages for wine tastings. They may or may not show up in the Cruise Compass. They may even have a Martini tasting if there is enough interest.

Thanks for the nice review.

We are going on 12/20. First cruise ever.

How is the internet connection?

I understand there is a 1 device - $20 per day option (and 2 device $30 option as well).. how does it work ? Is it valid for a 24 hr period ?

And can I only get internet on specific days ?

Also, the drink packages, can i buy them only for specific days ? (and not all days?)

thanks in advance.

Edited by apkhouston

I understand there is a 1 device - $20 per day option (and 2 device $30 option as well).. how does it work ? Is it valid for a 24 hr period ?

Also, the drink packages, can i buy them only for specific days ? (and not all days?)

thanks in advance.

You can get internet for specific days, but the price per day is higher than if you buy it for the entire cruise.

The drink package must be purchased for a minimum of 4 days, and whenever you buy, it has to last until the end of the cruise.

thanks in advance.

To elaborate on Bob's comment. If you buy a single day of internet then, yes, it is for 24 hours. I did not use it, but my husband did and was able to send a few emails, things of that nature. I've never heard the internet at sea to be referred to as fast though, so I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than slow.

The minimum amount of days you can purchase is 4, as Bob said, but they must be consecutive days as well (You can't purchase for Days 1,2,3 and 7).

is that still $20 per device for the full 24 hrs ? (or higher - since i am buying only for 1 day)

It's usually higher when buying only one day. I asked someone on Allure today, but I've not seen a reponse yet. It was something like $30 or $40 for a single 24 hour period.

Awesome! He watches me wine, beer & martini taste, too. Are there any real tastings? Not the free stuff but the kind with information.

ALL of the scheduled Vintages ones at 3pm on Port days NEVER happened. he will not do them unless ten people show up.

most days I was the only one. most we ever got to inquire was 3.

never tried on a sea day as I was always doing something else.

they did offer one or two other wine tastings that I had done multiple times before so didn't partake. don't remember any martini or beer ones though unlike other ships we have been on

sorry for this dumb question, but this is our first cruise ever..

can we check-in bottled water crates (in our suitcase?) like a pack of 24 bottle ... we are boarding locally from Houston.. and don't have to worry about any luggage restrictions on airline.

is this allowed ?

sorry for this dumb question, but this is our first cruise ever..

can we check-in bottled water crates (in our suitcase?) like a pack of 24 bottle ... we are boarding locally from Houston.. and don't have to worry about any luggage restrictions on airline.

is this allowed ?

Tecnically against the rules, but frequently allowed.

Tecnically against the rules, but frequently allowed.

Thanks. considering the risk (of confiscation/breakage/wait..etc), decided to buy Brita Sports portable filter bottles from walmart - 2pack for $15.

Trust I can get normal drinking water for free on the ship.

(again must sound totally stupid, but we have never been on a cruise ship!)

Thanks. considering the risk (of confiscation/breakage/wait..etc), decided to buy Brita Sports portable filter bottles from walmart - 2pack for $15.

Trust I can get normal drinking water for free on the ship.

(again must sound totally stupid, but we have never been on a cruise ship!)

Yes, tap water is available for no extra charge at all restaurants and bars.