Booking entertainment on board the Breakaway

Derek King

I am going to be on the last CTN out of NYC on Friday and they didn't allow us to pre-book entertainment for this trip.

Last year we were able to but they told me when I called they aren't prebooking entertainment for this one only prebooking dining.

anyway what is the best way to do this once onboard the ship?

We are CAS so usually get to port early and get on right after suite pass.

Is there an entertainment desk and/or can I do it by phone etc...

thanks

When I sailed the Breakaway this past spring, they allowed us to book the entertainment online ahead of time but when we got on board the ship, they put a memo in our cabin stating reservations were no longer necessary or being utilized and it was simply first come, first serve seating. I think they did away with it after realizing it wasn't necessary.

Right, I don't see any entertainment options either, which is indeed odd, but I don't care since we're going to have a great "last CTN" anyway!

On Breakaway you can usually book entertainment through your stateroom tv or at the box office when it's open. :)

Edited by mizlorinj

Right, I don't see any entertainment options either, which is indeed odd, but I don't care since we're going to have a great "last CTN" anyway!

On Breakaway you can usually book entertainment through your stateroom tv or at the box office when it's open. :)

yes we are looking forward to the last one as well.

we had booked a while ago and was told by ncl that they weren't allowing prebooking entertainment which I thought was odd because we did the 2 day ctn last year and it was available. not a big deal but I was just thinking about it today and didn't know the best way to book it once onboard.

thanks and it's looking like it's going to be a great weekend with over 60 degrees...:cool::cool:

On the Breakaway in November and we just turned up 5-10minutes before and went in the stand-by line and easily got decent seats that we were happy with. You could book through the TV in your room, but we left it too late and everything was booked up - although I suspect they only allow a certain % to be booked in advance, and some things required no booking at all.

Have fun :)

Edited by Cloudyrain

I am going to be on the last CTN out of NYC on Friday and they didn't allow us to pre-book entertainment for this trip.

Last year we were able to but they told me when I called they aren't prebooking entertainment for this one only prebooking dining.

anyway what is the best way to do this once onboard the ship?

We are CAS so usually get to port early and get on right after suite pass.

Is there an entertainment desk and/or can I do it by phone etc...

thanks

The easiest and fast way to book is using any of the touch screens in the public areas. You often see long lines at the box office, with a touchscreen in the hall just outside. The touch screens will tell you how many tickets are left (shows, shorex, etc.) You can use your stateroom TV (although in my opinion, the user interface is pretty slow and clunky). and iConcierge phone app.

The easiest and fast way to book is using any of the touch screens in the public areas. You often see long lines at the box office, with a touchscreen in the hall just outside. The touch screens will tell you how many tickets are left (shows, shorex, etc.) You can use your stateroom TV (although in my opinion, the user interface is pretty slow and clunky). and iConcierge phone app.

Didn't know about the touchscreens and I have used the app but didn't realize you can do entertainment from there too.

thanks for all the info

Will there be an issue to see Rock of Ages?

On the CTN I went on in Jan they had 2 shows both nights of rock of ages. With a total of 4 shows if you have flexibility on day/time and get reservations when you get onboard I would think it wouldn't be a problem.