Moveover offers on Golden Princess Christmas Cruise

MargoK

Well it was bound to happen

The Golden Princess Christmas and New Year Cruise has been sold out for a few weeks and now the Free Cruise Moveover offers are flying out to our Roll Call members! :D

Great offer if you are in a position to take:

5601 - FREE MOVEOVER OFFER

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the 21 December 2015 Golden Princess sailing. Move to any voyage up to 15 nights worldwide and receive: * 100% of cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit) * Free cruise up to 15 nights * Free cabin upgrade (pending availability) * Air change fees covered up to $150 per person (Princess Air protected) Suggested voyages include: * 13 night New Zealand sailing roundtrip Melbourne- 11 February 2016 * 14 night New Caledonia & Vanuatu sailing roundtrip Melbourne- 8 March 2016 * Any cruise worldwide that is 15 nights or less This offer is only available by calling 13 24 88 Customer Solutions but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

Sadly we are committed with airfares, accommodation bookings not to mention emotionally committed ! :D

Edited by MargoK

Princess must be getting desperate as a few of us have had the offered emailed to us again overnight! Haven't increased the offer though.

What I don't understand is why they would make an offer to someone who was in an Accessible Cabin because of a need, rather than having been assigned it :confused:

Read on f.b. that one lady was offered a free 15 day cruise, plus free 7 day cruise and cruise fare paid as on board credit! Not our sailing but another one out of Australia I believe. Now I would take that! :cool::D

Princess must be getting desperate as a few of us have had the offered emailed to us again overnight! Haven't increased the offer though.

What I don't understand is why they would make an offer to someone who was in an Accessible Cabin because of a need, rather than having been assigned it :confused:

Read on f.b. that one lady was offered a free 15 day cruise, plus free 7 day cruise and cruise fare paid as on board credit! Not our sailing but another one out of Australia I believe. Now I would take that! :cool::D

Possibly a presumption that it was an able-bodied person in the Accessible Cabin. I had a scare earlier when I was pre-emptively transferred from F315 to F311, luckily I knew to go in and check the Personalizer! The air turned blue that night, and the poor TA had a VERY agitated client to deal with the next day! AND when the original booking was made, she'd phoned Princess and discussed my requirements for the Accessible Bathroom with them! I personally don't think the Call Centre staff, or the staff that allocate stateroom actually UNDERSTAND that some Handicaps like Cerebral Palsy and Osteo-Porosis, both of which I have, DO require me to use the grab rails in the shower and beside the toilet for my own safety! I'm also travelling solo, which might have helped the assumption, "She doesn't really NEED that Window Suite."

Already had 1 fright with the original cruise being cancelled, but I found this 1, with an extra night aboard, AUD$35 cheaper than the original cruise, and I'm to get AUD$55 of On Board Credit for my inconvenience over the cancellation. I'm within a calendar year of sailing, eagerly counting down the days!

Some people JUST don't get it that physical handicaps aren't always visible. I do wear glasses, but my vision, unless I'm using the telescopic magnifying monocular lenses, is fairly limited; and sitting down with my walker hidden, no one would know about my mobility issues.

Enjoy your cruise!

Mt Friend was offered a Move Over on Monday for the Regal Christmas cruise of only $1500 and a possible upgrade. When she asked for more, the Princess Rep got offended!!! She is still going on the cruise.

Well its not a street vender in Mexico. :(

Glad she is still going.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Mt Friend was offered a Move Over on Monday for the Regal Christmas cruise of only $1500 and a possible upgrade. When she asked for more, the Princess Rep got offended!!! She is still going on the cruise.

When princess got tired of indirect begging through my travel

agent, they asked to call me directly so they could beg in person.

Of course, that was for a cruise leaving the next morning.

It is just like being on an oversold flight.

Gate agent comes on the plane and asks for volunteers.

There is always someone who will give up their seat for

a bag of peanuts, and a 3-hour wait for the next flight.

Unless it's 1700 at LGA on a Friday night.

Then, the sky is the limit!

When princess got tired of indirect begging through my travel

agent, they asked to call me directly so they could beg in person.

Of course, that was for a cruise leaving the next morning.

It is just like being on an oversold flight.

Gate agent comes on the plane and asks for volunteers.

There is always someone who will give up their seat for

a bag of peanuts, and a 3-hour wait for the next flight.

Unless it's 1700 at LGA on a Friday night.

Then, the sky is the limit!

Wholey Moley!! Cruise leaving the next morning?!?! What? Did you see people take an offer?

It would bum me out if my cruise was oversold. What happens if people don't take the offers? Do the guarantee rooms get dinged? Or do they kick people out of their actual booked rooms? That would be my worst nightmare!

Possibly a presumption that it was an able-bodied person in the Accessible Cabin. I had a scare earlier when I was pre-emptively transferred from F315 to F311, luckily I knew to go in and check the Personalizer! The air turned blue that night, and the poor TA had a VERY agitated client to deal with the next day! AND when the original booking was made, she'd phoned Princess and discussed my requirements for the Accessible Bathroom with them! I personally don't think the Call Centre staff, or the staff that allocate stateroom actually UNDERSTAND that some Handicaps like Cerebral Palsy and Osteo-Porosis, both of which I have, DO require me to use the grab rails in the shower and beside the toilet for my own safety! I'm also travelling solo, which might have helped the assumption, "She doesn't really NEED that Window Suite."

Some people JUST don't get it that physical handicaps aren't always visible. I do wear glasses, but my vision, unless I'm using the telescopic magnifying monocular lenses, is fairly limited; and sitting down with my walker hidden, no one would know about my mobility issues.

Enjoy your cruise!

AMEN! My daughter lives in terror of someone attacking her over the use of her handicapped parking pass or questioning the need for the HA cabin. Bottom line, if she can't have the HA bathroom with the walk in shower, she can't cruise/stay at that hotel/whatever. On the other hand, she can walk short distances without obvious "aids," but you can't see what is under her clothing. And she would much rather try to walk the distance to the dining room than deal with where to put the walker, etc. However, next cruise we will request any dining room except Palm (just too far!)

Wholey Moley!! Cruise leaving the next morning?!?! What? Did you see people take an offer?

It's was pretty funny.

Princess started calling my travel agent on Thursday afternoon

for a cruise leaving Saturday morning.

They spoke with Mrs. Pablo who said she would have to talk to me.

I had skipped out of work, and was at some camera store looking

for things I might need to take on the cruise, so Mrs. Pablo couldn't

get in touch with me.

She told travel agent / princess exactly that. They took that as

negotiating, and started increasing the offer.

By Friday noon, we still hadn't accepted.

I recall coming home from work around 1700, and getting a direct

call from a gent at princess.

It was pretty much 'what do you want'?

Eventually, it was enough, and we accepted.

Funny thing -- princess credited the cruise fare back to my

credit card THE NEXT DAY.

I guess they wanted to make sure I didn't have any claim

that I had already paid.