For those that know for sure- is there non-ship stingray tours offered at port?

basketballdad

Since this is a small island, I have not seen anything on the typical "get off the boat, go past the taxis, get your own private excursion for half price" type of postings.

We all would guess there are, but does any one know?

I am looking to go to feed the stingrays and snorkel, but do NOT want to pre book online with a group OR pay the ship prices.

Anyone hooked up with a local provider that was not pre arranged?

We did the ship's "Ultimate Snorkel" tour from HAL run by Oasis Divers one of the times we were on Grand Turk and it was awesome. We did get to see, pet and feed a couple stingrays that were at the second site we stopped and also saw a huge Barracuda that the crew fed. We thought it was well worth the price.

Blue Water Divers also does a similar 2 site snorkel trip, that may be a bit less $ than the ship's trip. Not sure if the go to the same spots at different times or have different places they go. Also don't know if they regularly see and feed stingrays, but they are so popular I would think they do.

If you just want to see stingrays there have been several just chilling on the bottom right off the main beach by the pier and even more off the beach down by Jack's Shack every time we have been at Grand Turk, that you can see for the price of snorkel gear rental.

Edited by K&RCurt

I booked with Crystal Seas Adventures last December in Turk. Loved it. We went to a beautiful island and swam with stingrays.

So is this the non ship sponsored tour that I was trying to get info on in my question? A bit confused.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Are you sure you're not thinking of Grand Cayman? I've been to Grand Turk several times and have never heard of a stingray tour there.

Grand Turk has sting ray excursions as well. I have one booked for next July through Carnival. It's called Gibbs Cay Beach & Stingray Encounter. They take you to a deserted island to see the stingrays, and you have an opportunity to go snorkeling off the boat as well.

Since this is a small island, I have not seen anything on the typical "get off the boat, go past the taxis, get your own private excursion for half price" type of postings.

We all would guess there are, but does any one know?

I am looking to go to feed the stingrays and snorkel, but do NOT want to pre book online with a group OR pay the ship prices.

Anyone hooked up with a local provider that was not pre arranged?

Yes! As soon as you get off the ship and walk down the pier, before the very end where you go through he shops, on the left side of the pier standing in the sand there will be several people holding signs offering tours. We have done this several times and have had a wonderful time. Once we we did the string rays and were supposed to snorkel the wall but the water was just too choppy and unclear due to a storm so we went to another snorkel site and it was great! Another time it was just 2 of us with one guide and he was awesome. He took my camera down several times to get pictures and he pulled a shark out from under a rock so we could see and get pictures. We never paid over $60 a person but I believe it was even less than that. Take cash though! Hope that helps.

I know Wet Money does the stingrays tour. If you googled their website, you can find information and pricing on it along with pictures. I believe they must encounter some nurse sharks on this tour as well since there are plenty of pictures showing them too. :)