Save $15.00 on gift cards

rjrice1

Just picked up one today! I got the coupon from the customer service desk. I had a couple of bottles of wine in my basket and the cashier said that alcoholic beverages don't count for the $50 minimum spend. I ran back and picked up a couple of bags of coffee.

The gift cards at my store are variable load. I loaded $100. That's a 15% discount--better than AARP or Verizon cards!

Just went today and snagged one while picking up grocerys - great find!

I didn't see it in the weekly ad I picked up from the store but I went online to the publix website and just printed it before hand anyway - so no problems there just FYI.

It also took two scans of the gift card isle, I guess since its not as common as an outback gift card there was only one tiny slot for them while most other are easy to spot and have like 10 slots. So if you dont see it take another quick scan or ask customer service.

Edited by dcs1989

Looks like it's all Publix stores, but you need the coupon from the weekly ad.This link is from a location in Columbia,SC

http://weeklyad.publix.com/Publix/BrowseByListing/BySearch/?StoreID=2500213&SneakPeek=&searchtext=Carnival#idp

Thank you! At least I have till 1-1-16 to go back and buy some more and use this! I somehow missed it, so thank you!!:)

debbie

Most Publix stores have a coupon kiosk near the front entrance. They regularly have a green coupon flyer and purple flyer. The coupon is on the back of the Purple Flyer.

My store doesn't usually carry Carnival cards, but now has a small amount for this promo. 😃 This is much better than Kroger 4x Fuel Points on GC!

Went to my favorite Publix's to my favorite cashier...

He just override all of my gift cards...and will let me use gift cards I had been saving for a special raining day. :D (but always give him something special)

Will buy more before the New Year.

Thinking about buying enough to pay off the cruise (not due till Nov) but can say 15%... on two cabins; that ends up.

Do hope they continue this special throughout the year.

Cathy

Went shopping for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals last night. Spent a total of $112.00 (which I split up into 2 orders) and was able to pickup 2 of the cards. Heck, I don't mind saving $30 on my onboard spending :) BTW, Publix is having some great BOGO sales this week.

Thanks for sharing !!!

I am an extreme coupon person...went Back to Publix and saved $92.00 for the food and another $30.00 for the gift cards... total for all order less than $200.00. Even had VISA gift cards for bonus for working extra shifts...:D

Cathy

Wondering how to do this all over the internet. Since we are over a 1000 miles from the nearest Publix, I am wondering about purchasing $50 worth of groceries on line. (Coffee, Jerky, Candy, etc.) and then getting the Gift Card mailed. Wonder if it would work?

Wondering how to do this all over the internet. Since we are over a 1000 miles from the nearest Publix, I am wondering about purchasing $50 worth of groceries on line. (Coffee, Jerky, Candy, etc.) and then getting the Gift Card mailed. Wonder if it would work?

I wonder the same as there are no Publix near us.

Try calling the Port Orange store.

3821 S. Nova Rd.; Port Orange, Fl

386-788-2220... speak to Mike he is a store manager.

He might be able to help you.

Cathy

I am going to have to start watching this board more closely. I didn't know about this coupon and spent about $250 at Publix last week. I could have split that order up and purchased several cards to pay off the cruise that I already have booked. <sigh> I will just have to go and buy $50 more groceries and try to squeeze a few more things in the overstocked freezer.

Even if possible, wouldn't the shipping and probably overpaying for the $50 in groceries eat up the $15 savings.

Thanks, for the heads up. Just booked a March cruise and now just printed a coupon. This offers expires Jan. 1st and I plan on making two trips to Publix as you must spend $50 in order to purchase a $100 gift card and I would like to get two.

I was just wondering - is it $15 off of the gift card or $15 off of the groceries, or $15 off of that total receipt.

for example say I spend $50.01 on groceries plus a $100 gift card - do they only charge me $135.01 for that purchase ?

Like the previous poster said - might need to go back and stuff the freezer even more.

Need to check out their coupon flyer - I tend to skip that one and focus on the bogo's

Thanks a bunch.

Edited by seabum
spelling

Seabum, the discount is off of the gift card, but since it's the same transaction, it of course affects the total, so not sure I understand your question. For a $100 gift card, you'll be charged $85 plus the cost of your groceries ($50 minimum).

I'm in Oviedo, just outside Orlando. Publix has just one slot for Carnival on its three-sided gift card rack - look carefully! I bought just over $50 in groceries, as required, without wasting money. Think BOGO on paper goods, coffee as examples of spending wisely. Then I paid $85 for $100 Carnival gift card.

Same philosophy as deciding whether to claim a $20 price drop on Early Saver: if we need the groceries anyway, then YES: every $15 or $20 helps!

Thank you, OP, for posting.

I made 4 trips to Publix in the last 4 days. My pantry and my freezer are now very well stocked and I've saved $60 on my cruise. I really hope Publix does this again, for me it's even better than the gas card deal they usually do.

Edited by pantherpaw

Got mine today! Since I typically shop some at Publix anyway, did not overspend and careful on prices of what I bought. I am just sad I did not know about this when I bought last week! I could have had 2 cards! Oh well..... one is better than none! :D

deb

Got a $100 card today by buying dinner for the next few days. Got $15 off the total. Easy to do and no mailing fee. My cruise is in May so I'll keep an eye out for others. I hope that by buying one it motivates Publixs to do it again.

Seabum, the discount is off of the gift card, but since it's the same transaction, it of course affects the total, so not sure I understand your question. For a $100 gift card, you'll be charged $85 plus the cost of your groceries ($50 minimum).

Thanks a bunch to the OP and everyone else - we were able to pick up two $100 gift cards tonight - hope to get one or two more again tomorrow.

Good lesson to check their coupon flyer and not just the weekly ads and bogos.

I regularly shop at Publix anyway- and with our upcoming journey cruise these will come in handy.