Pullmantur pricing

Ba' Datz

I am a long time RCL and X cruiser and am longing into a Pullmantur transatlantic.

The pricing is notably cheaper so I am wondering what are you not getting there that you would on other mass market lines?

Are there additional fees for items such as MDR food or drinks, entertainment etc. which you would not pay elsewhere?

Thanks for any insight

You cannot really compare Pullmantur with the cruise lines that you mentioned. Pullmantur use older, 'pre-used' ships, and are aimed at the Spanish market.

Spanish is the main on-board language, and the Spanish influence extends to dining times - first dining commences at 20:00 !

Suggest you read a lot of reviews before booking, so you know exactly what to expect.

I read a lot about them and the ship,demographic and language issues.

What I don't understand is how they can give a 16 night cruise for $385 inside (195 fare plus 190 taxes and fees and a free drink package.). Where are they making their money from?

They have to be making it up somewhere

Wows is correct. Don't do it. Claimed their ships are really rocky in heavy seas.

I sailed on the Celebrity Horizon which is now a pulmantur ship.

It was a beautiful ship and as long as it was well maintained, I'm sure it still is.

The worse ship I was on for rockiness was the NCL Epic which is a much larger ship.

I am also curious about Pullmantur, they have great military discounts.

Lois

I have used Pullmantur airlines, and yes the plane was an older 747, but th service and food were excellent, if the cruise ships are as good, I am sure it would be good. I have sailed the Atlantic from the Caribbean to UK in a 28000 tonne ship with no problems, Pullmantur's is, I believe, 74000 tonnes. For the price, it must be worth a try.

I have sailed my last two cruises on Pullmantur. We did the Caribbean. I think the transatlantic are repositioning cruises. so they sell what they can to fill the ship. The ships were ok. No balconies, Older ships from Royal Caribbean. We found most staff spoke English. but most passengers did not. The food was defiantly not the class of the main cruise lines. Carnival even had better food. We had the all inclusive drinks. Limited selection but was fine.

Would sail with them again.

• 2 weeks later...

We have sailed with Pullmantur three times and are going on our fourth cruise with them next month.

Only on one cruise did we have noticeable rolling and that was on the Sovereign in a bad storm near Sicily. The ship was rolling and pitching and drawers and cabinet doors kept opening and closing but with the complimentary drinks package we hardly noticed it! The next morning we found a lot of people sleeping on the floor in the main lobby/reception area probably because their rooms needed cleaning.

We really like the European/Spanish flavor of the cruises and have found the food to be both well prepared and interesting, and service better than our experiences on RCCL,CelebX and especially MSC. Also we do not speak Spanish only English and French but communicating was rarely an issue.

Pullmantur has issues such as an off and on and off again loyalty program and

some reliability problems with older ship systems like plumbing but overall we have enjoyed the experience with Pullmantur better than many of the bigger guys.Spanish and English are spoken by most staff on board and announcements are in up to four languages based on our experience. Menus were available in several languages as well.

We are looking forward to our next cruise on the Monarch out of Curacao.

• 2 months later...

Have read several reviews and done online research. We are normally RCCL cruisers but I think this will work fine realizing it is an older ship and Spanish is the first language.

We are booked on the September 17th departure out of Bilboa, Spain to Colon.

We have a large exterior for a total of $1,140 including port charges for two including the drinks package. I will start a roll call soon to see if there is anyone else going.

We like to spend some time in Europe and become haggard travelers then chill out on the ship back to the west. We live about an hour west of Panama City so Colon works out great for us. It is very tropical and like Hawaii in weather and vegetation.

So if you do decide to take the transatlantic spend some time in Panama. It is a beautiful place if you get of Panama City.

Also, Panam City is only a 2 hour flight from FLL.

Copa is THE BEST airline to Panama however Spirit also has non-stop flights out of FLL that can be cheap even after all the add on fees.