Internet Access on TA?

ducklite

I have read differing comments in the availability of Internet access on the ships while in TA's. We are considering one in 2017 or 2018 but Internet availability is a requirement due to family obligations. Anyone have firsthand experience? Specifically interested in the Surf, but one of the triplets isn't off the table, either.

We were on the Surf in Europe last summer for 17 days and I had to stay in touch with office. First week I made do with WiFi in port buildings but that got old fast so 2nd cruise, the longer of the two, I bought the unlimited package. It was good enough to deal with anything that came up. My biggest problem was actually with Verizon on my phone settings to corporate exchange server. A different country every day screwed around with its electronic brain! The only day I had any difficulty with WS wifi was a sea day between France and Spain. The rest was fine. Just returned from Caribbean on Legend. Did not buy wifi as there was lots of availability in ports and things were quieter for work near the holidays.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response, but that doesn't really address my question of trans-Atlantic coverage.

We used wifi in port daily in Europe, stopping for lunch each day at a cafe that offered it for free. Before we left I also bought a package from Verizon that gave me reduced cost calls and a set amount of data and I used that a few times in the ship when we were close enough to shore that I could connect to the local cell carrier. :)

On our next Euro trip I might just top up my UK SIM from Vodafone with a package that gives me international minutes from anywhere in Europe, but need to do the research first.

Whoops. Skimmed right through the TA part. Anyone from WS able to answer?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No worries, we're all guilty of that from time to time. Me more often than most I'm afraid. :)

We were on the TA on the Windsurf in April of this year. Service was available during the entire crossing. It can be slow, but we were never without a connection. Be aware if you aren't already that the packages are very expensive.

On our recent TA (on another cruise line), we had good internet service across the north Atlantic 24/4, and two hours of access per day was gratis. We have never used the internet on our Windstar cruises, but I have heard nothing but complaints from friends who did so.