Regal Princess Cruise Vlogs! My videos I recorded from my 7 night Caribbean cruise

mike the canuck

Great video and commentary! Daughter and I are going to be on the ship next week. She has never cruised and I cannot wait to show her the video and see what is ahead for her!

Thank you! I hope the video helps and you guys have a great time!

Love the video! Thank you so much. Following!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Thank you very much! :)

This is so fun - thanks for posting! I wish I had done more videos of the ship. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your trip! :)

Thank you! And thanks for watching :) Working on the rest right now.

I was on the same cruise...dec 13th...great video...cant wait to see the rest

Haha. That's awesome! I hope you had a good time as well. :)

Great video!

Thank you! :)

Great video - looking forward to the rest of them! We will be aboard the Royal one week from today for a 10 day cruise!

Thanks! Working on the next one now. I hope you guys have a great cruise on the Royal. A 10 cruise sounds awesome. The longest I have been on is 8 days.

Beatiful video. We often think about trying another princess ship. 2 things standout though

No glass shower door? On such a new ship, kind of shocking

Still,have to bring your life jackets to a drill? Don't have to do this on rccl or celebrity. Why still on princess ?

Thank you! I have never been on a ship with glass doors. That would be super nice!

Not sure why we have to bring our life jackets still. Probably just to start the habit in case of a real emergency.

Great video and very well done Look forward to seeing the rest.

Thanks so much! :)

Thanks for your video,we enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one.We are on this ship March 2017,along way off but I love the build up and planning.

Happy New Year for 2016 from Bonnie Scotland to All at Cruise Critic xx:)

No probs. Thanks for watching :) I also love the planning and build up towards the trip :)

Thank you for this nice video. Will be sailing her in Nov. Haven't sailed since 2013. I really didn't know much about the ship. We chose this ship because of the Iteniary.

Not a problem. Glad you liked it. I hope the video was helpful. :)

Not sure why we have to bring our life jackets still. Probably just to start the habit in case of a real emergency.

Ding, ding, ding! Correct answer. The better question would be why don't other lines require the same thing?

I think in a real emergency, they want you to go directly to your station. There are life jackets there. That is what I read any way. They don't want you going through danger to retrieve your life jacket.

They don't want you to go through danger, but, that not withstanding, during the drill you are instructed that in case of an emergency go to your cabin, collect the life jacket, any medications, jackets and hats for protection from the elements (I don't recall the exact wording). There is no way they have life jackets for all 3,000 to 4,000 passengers at the muster stations. That is why there is one for each passenger in the cabin.

Check out the first minute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb6Frk9OHbw

Edited by ar1950

Subscribed. Definitely shocked that that many cans of loose beer got through! Wow! (and glad they didn't burst open; the porters aren't exactly treating the luggage with kid gloves!)

I'm always surprised when our beer makes it through. I am also glad they didn't burst open as well. lol.

Ding, ding, ding! Correct answer. The better question would be why don't other lines require the same thing?

That's what I thought was weird too. I always thought safety would trump courtesy.

Great Vlog - will be watching the rest!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed! :)

They don't want you to go through danger, but, that not withstanding, during the drill you are instructed that in case of an emergency go to your cabin, collect the life jacket, any medications, jackets and hats for protection from the elements (I don't recall the exact wording). There is no way they have life jackets for all 3,000 to 4,000 passengers at the muster stations. That is why there is one for each passenger in the cabin.

Check out the first minute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb6Frk9OHbw

Ya, that was my understanding as well.

Beatiful video. We often think about trying another princess ship. 2 things standout though

No glass shower door? On such a new ship, kind of shocking

Still,have to bring your life jackets to a drill? Don't have to do this on rccl or celebrity. Why still on princess ?

Princess does make you bring the life jacket and put them on, and its true RCCL does not. But Princess has you muster in the lounges and theatres where most people can sit down, instead of lined up for an extended time standing out in the heat by the lifeboats. For those with bad knees like my wife, that can be awful.

I did like the glass doors in the showers, and their was more open floor space in our room on Liberty of the Seas on RCCL, but there is alot more storage space for your things and luggage on Regal Princess.

Pretty much there are plusses and minues for each line. I figure, if I'm on a cruise ship, on vacation, it beats being at home and at work any day. :)

Great video --- will be onboard Regal this coming Sunday. We were on her last March --- but its nice to see other people's perspectives.

BTW, we have begun bringing an old keycard, or any card with a mag stripe like an old fully used gift card with us to use in the light switch so that we don't have to worry about whose key to stick in, and swap it out when one of us decides to go out on our own. A TIP for anyone that has not been on a ship that has that "feature"

BTW, we have begun bringing an old keycard, or any card with a mag stripe like an old fully used gift card with us to use in the light switch so that we don't have to worry about whose key to stick in, and swap it out when one of us decides to go out on our own. A TIP for anyone that has not been on a ship that has that "feature"

FYI, a piece of card board or a folded piece of paper works, too. A magnetic strip does nothing. As long as whatever you use reaches far enough down in the slot to trip the switch in the bottom of the slot. Worked perfectly fine on our Regal cruise last year.

Edited by ar1950

Thanks for the great video, please hurry we're all ready to see the rest!

(How many others here saw the "Wet Varnish" sign on the balcony door and were thinking "Ohhh! Watch it! Watch out! Don't touch the railing!" when you guys stepped out there the first time LOL)

I think in a real emergency, they want you to go directly to your station. There are life jackets there. That is what I read any way. They don't want you going through danger to retrieve your life jacket.

Yep, and these 2009/2012 CC articles help explain Royal Caribbean's position on storing the Oasis and Allure life jackets at muster stations:

2009:

In a recent blog entry, Royal Caribbean Chairman and CEO Richard Fain revealed that when Oasis of the Seas debuts this winter, life jackets will be stowed solely at muster stations rather than in passenger staterooms.

<and>

The vests-in-cabins plan could simply be a holdover from the days when ships were smaller and deck areas couldn't accommodate the jackets.

Fain writes, "We have the space ... the advantages are so overwhelming that you have to wonder why we haven't done this before. The only answer we have come up with is that we never looked at this process as carefully before Oasis.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3343

2012:

"On some ships, including Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, life jackets are kept at the muster stations rather than in individual cabins; ship safety officials made the switch for a couple reasons. One was that in a real emergency, forcing thousands of passengers back to their cabins to grab their life vests would work against an evacuation. Another had to do with dangerous dangling belts. "'Slips, trips and falls' during the drills was one of the most cited reasons cruise lines gave us for the change," said Brad Schoenwald, Senior Marine Inspector for the U.S. Coast Guard's Cruise Ship National Center of Expertise. "Passengers would slip on a belt strap on the way down the stairs, and you'd potentially have an injury."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4719