Booked an OX on Dawn

momo24

I booked an OX on Dawn today and as soon as I put down the deposit they assigned me OX8062. Can they still change the room before the cruise in August or can I assume that this is my room.

Yes they can move you around, but it most likely to happen until closer to cruise time.

I booked an OX on Dawn today and as soon as I put down the deposit they assigned me OX8062. Can they still change the room before the cruise in August or can I assume that this is my room.

So that is strange.. we booked the Dawn OX back in June for the Jan 10th sailing and it immediately gave me that room as well... We ended up cancelling that sailing when we got a better deal with an online retailer...

That is an actual OX cabin that had not been assigned. OX usually means guarantee, but there are actually OX cabins on most, if not all, of the ships. In other words, you were assigned what NCL considers one of the worst cabins. Although, I would consider it better than something on the 4th deck forward. So, you have to decide if you are ok with the location. For me, I would think it is pretty good in terms of location. I don't really know anything about the actual cabin as it is an obstructed view cabin, but maybe others have posted about it.

It is unlikely, once assigned, that they will move you. But if prices drop before you sail, especially after final payment, you can usually upgrade yourself if you pay a little more (occasionally for free, but almost always if you pay a bit more). Just keep checking prices.

Edit: People who have reported upgrading after final payment, have said they were able to keep their promotions from when they first booked. If you do it before final payment, it is considered a cancellation and rebook and you would get whatever the promotions (if any) are at the time you rebook.

Edited by drvalo

The OX is a guarantee obstructed view cabin. There are only 2 of them on the ship and they are the best of the obstructed view cabins because there is a very small boat beside it.

The problem with booking this is that they can "upgrade" you to a OK obstructed view cabin that has a large lifeboat or tender next to it with practically no view at all.

That is an actual OX cabin that had not been assigned. OX usually means guarantee, but there are actually OX cabins on most, if not all, of the ships. In other words, you were assigned what NCL considers one of the worst cabins. Although, I would consider it better than something on the 4th deck forward. So, you have to decide if you are ok with the location. For me, I would think it is pretty good in terms of location. I don't really know anything about the actual cabin as it is an obstructed view cabin, but maybe others have posted about it.

It is unlikely, once assigned, that they will move you. But if prices drop before you sail, especially after final payment, you can usually upgrade yourself if you pay a little more (occasionally for free, but almost always if you pay a bit more). Just keep checking prices.

Edit: People who have reported upgrading after final payment, have said they were able to keep their promotions from when they first booked. If you do it before final payment, it is considered a cancellation and rebook and you would get whatever the promotions (if any) are at the time you rebook.

Thanks for your answer. I think that this cabin would be great. The location is perfect for us, so I am praying that we don't get moved. But if we do that's fine too considering the price and we get the free beverage pkg and also four dining meals in specialty restaurants.

Actually 8062 is an upgrade to category OK. Good mid-ship location. Should give you a good ride. :)

8550, and 8050 are the 2 OX cat. cabins.;)

Edited by biker@sea

Thanks for your answer. I think that this cabin would be great. The location is perfect for us, so I am praying that we don't get moved. But if we do that's fine too considering the price and we get the free beverage pkg and also four dining meals in specialty restaurants.

Yep, I would be pretty pleased with that. We just sailed on the Pearl in a obstructed view deck 8 cabin. As we are often happy with insides, this one was bigger than an inside, you could at least see daylight and we had a bit of a view, and the location was just about perfect. Could they move you? Of course, but honestly, I have never heard of that happening unless the passenger requested an upsell/upgrade because prices dropped.