Make specialty dinner reservations for spring break on Reflection?

nilesmom22

Need advice. I'm on the 3/19 sailing on Reflection. I'm in a RS with husband and younger son. Our older son and his girlfriend are in a regular room. We plan on eating 4-5 dinners in a specialty restaurant so we can mostly eat together. We've been in Murano and Tuscan Grille previously. Do we need to pre-book these reservations since it's a party of 5 and it's spring break or do you think we can wait? It just sounds complicated to pre-book since 3 of us will be complimentary and 2 won't. I hate to risk not getting a table though.

Thanks for any help.

Getting so excited!!!! :):):)

Edited by nilesmom22

Maybe you are already doing this, but you could also arrange with your butler to have a nice dinner served in the suite...

...and/or I believe you can pay a surcharge (not much more than Murano) and have them dine with you a time or two in Luminae.

We have always loved the Murano-style restaurants but sorry to say that our experience last month on Reflection did not measure up to the other ships. Our table was so dark we could barely read the menu with the candle, the staff seemed rushed, a simple request was never fulfilled (apology when waiter realized later he'd forgotten), wine steward was mostly absent - so to sum up, our complimentary specialty evening was less enjoyable than Luminae.

No need to book ahead. There will be many people around for you to make a reservation when you board ship. Most cruises you can get 25% off the first night.

It will be easier too.

You will enjoy whichever restaurant you choose. Tuscan has best view and steaks. Murano has great lobster dish. With 5 people do not miss the Quisne, the staff will make you try many dishes, go with the flow. Very enjoyable and cheapest.

All are good.

Also, for something different do a lunch for half price in Murano. It is usually on a sea day. Food was great on Reflection Last month.

If there's a specific restaurant you want at a specific time I would book ahead. Spring break is a busy cruise. During our Christmas cruise, we did not book ahead and the only reservations available at tuscan Grill where after 8:30 PM. That was fine with us as we like to eat late but that does not work for some people. If you are extremely flexible, then you can wait.