Elite plus priority tendering?

Peteymil

I don't think the tendering perk causes big problems. Only a few ports are tender ports. Usually all it means is that when tickets are issued you get the tickets in your cabin and don't have to stand in line. And not everyone who is eligible wants to be on the first tender. The only tendering ports where tendering can be slow are the ones where they have to use the ships lifeboats. When they use tenders from the port like they do at Cayman the tender boats are high capacity and move pretty fast back and forth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some tender ports around the World are a roval pain in the a--.

For example, Bali, Indonesia, Cairns, Australia, Punta Arenas, Chile, and a few more.

I'm Elite too but never saw priority tendering. I can understand that, Elite really isn't a big deal, but if I were Elite Plus or above I would really be angry. I'm a loyal Celebrity cruiser but Celebrity never really made me feel special

I'm Elite too but never saw priority tendering. I can understand that, Elite really isn't a big deal, but if I were Elite Plus or above I would really be angry. I'm a loyal Celebrity cruiser but Celebrity never really made me feel special

Being a loyal cruiser of any one cruise line makes no sense to me but I am pretty satisfied with the benefits Celebrity gives me in the Elite tier. They are better than what I get from most other cruise line loyalty programs.

As for Priority tendering I have had it whenever I needed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

You never knew you had priority tendering? Did you look under Captains Club at the benefits and then ask someone on board? If I was denided a perk that I had earned I would not be happy and would ask for something to compensate me.

As to feeling special as an Elite - most of the benefits are a yawn but free laundry, the nightly cocktail party (1 or 2 glasses of wine a day for me and no bev package usually), and the breakfast are very cool. The perks on Celebrity are better than almost every competing line.

I don't think the tendering perk causes big problems. Only a few ports are tender ports. Usually all it means is that when tickets are issued you get the tickets in your cabin and don't have to stand in line. And not everyone who is eligible wants to be on the first tender.

So true. I am not an early morning person, so usually don't even get to use my priority tender tickets.

By the time I am ready to leave the ship, most of the time they have already gone to open tendering.

My guess would be that I am not the only one.

But occasionally there may be a problem with tendering for one reason or another (such as rough seas or mechanical or dock problems) that can cause a backlog with long waits for the tenders.

How do/did you makeElite after 2 cruises? How long were your cruises and what cabin category?

I guess it's possible...

We're Elite after 3 cruises: 2 in Aqua, 1 in a Sky Suite. On our 2 last cruises we got 25 extra points for booking during a certain promotion.

I guess it's possible...

We're Elite after 3 cruises: 2 in Aqua, 1 in a Sky Suite. On our 2 last cruises we got 25 extra points for booking during a certain promotion.

It's possible for a solo passenger to become Elite after only one cruise (double points) if booking one of the top level suites.

But ironically s/he does not even need to be Elite to receive the Elite perks in the top level suites.

Too bad they can't give those extra unneeded Elite perks away to some poor soul who scrimped and saved up all year just to afford to cruise in an inside cabin and who would really appreciate them. ;)