Does anyone have a recent menu for Cagney's on Breakaway?

takeadip

Hi,

We are on a 3/6/16 RT NYC Breakaway and its a wedding cruise with about 18 of us. We were thinking of having dinner after the bride and groom get married in Cagneys specialty restaurant.

Question:

Can the venue accommodate a table for 18?

Does anyone have a menu so the group can have a look to get excited?

Is it only $25 dollars per person?

If you like something on the menu that is an entree can you get it as a smaller sized appetizer?

Is desert included?

We have a 6 yr old son who will come to dinner...do we pay full price for him or is there a generic "free" menu to get Chix fingers mac n Cheese at no cost?

can we all use our Ultimate Booze Package while in the restaurant?

if not, can we walk in with a freshly topped off Kettle and tonic that we get from outside bars..etc..

any other tips or advice for a large group of first time NCL cruisers..?

Best,

Mark

The menus for Cagneys are changing soon. I don't know when that will be on the Breakaway, but it's quite likely it will be before your cruise. To check, go to myncl and select Cagneys. It will say there whether it is the old menu ($30 cost) or a la carte.

If it says a la carte (as I expect it will) then the menus are changing before you sail. In that case, if you search here for the Escape menus then you should find a copy of the a la carte menu that is on that ship (I've posted a link as have others).

Another complication is that it's possible the a la carte menu going onto the other ships may not be exactly the same as is on the Escape (previously that have made changes between the first new menu and fleet wide roll out). You will need to keep an eye on these boards to see the reports as the roll out starts in the next week or so.

You've picked a very complicated time to ask your question. :)

To answer some of your other questions, you can use the UBP in any restaurant. The cost of Cagneys (on the old menu) was $30 and that included dessert. The new menu is a la carte. Children pay full price if ordering off the main menu or there is a free kids menu (we usually take ours to the buffet and then drop him off at the kids club whilst we eat).

Just checked my online NCL and Cagneys says a la cart...it states items will be individually priced and then get 18% gratuity and a service charge....what does that mean?

If things are individually charged is it like $9.00 for filet....$4.00 for side of Potato...etc....so dinner is still kept around 30 dollars? or is it like NYC pricing and they will price 8 oz Filet for $56.00 and price themselves out of customers?

if all specialties go towards the a la cart pricing then the prices of the cruise essentially just went up...am i understanding this?

Having sailed over 20 times on NCL, I have never found Cagney's to be really worth the money; there have actually been times where steak, in the MDR, has surpassed them (especially in Taste, on the Breakaway). For anyone who lives near good steakhouses, I would say, don't bother on the ship. On the other hand, I always find the French restaurant, Le Bistro, to be excellent, and yes, they do have filet mignon. Go there instead!

Having sailed over 20 times on NCL, I have never found Cagney's to be really worth the money; there have actually been times where steak, in the MDR, has surpassed them (especially in Taste, on the Breakaway). For anyone who lives near good steakhouses, I would say, don't bother on the ship. On the other hand, I always find the French restaurant, Le Bistro, to be excellent, and yes, they do have filet mignon. Go there instead!

The 2 times we ate Cagney's with the a la carte menu, our total food bill for 2 of us was $109 then $90. Entrees run in the $20's, and sides, appetizers, desserts all cost separately.

Children pay 50% of adult cost or eat free from the ship wide kids menu. UBP can be used.

That hasn't been the case for a while. Kids 12 and under pay the same as adults if ordering from the specialty menu, or can order from the standard ship's kids menu for free.

I am on Breakaway right now. I will post a picture of the Cagneys menu tomorrow. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Unless it's already the a la carte menu, that won't help.

Here is a link to the current a la carte Cagney's menu on the Escape. It's not etched in stone that the menu will be the same on your upcoming cruise, but it will give you an idea. Each person could purchase the 3 day SDP, which is 59 pp, plus 18% or 69.62, which will give you 3 dinners over the course of your cruise without an additional surcharge in either Cagney's, La Cucina, Le Bistro, Moderno or Teppanyaki. If you decide to go the single dinner route, you'll be stuck with the a la carte pricing.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/30967_cagneys_escape_dinner_menu.pdf

That hasn't been the case for a while. Kids 12 and under pay the same as adults if ordering from the specialty menu, or can order from the standard ship's kids menu for free.

I wasn't aware of that change. [emoji18]

Edited by NCLfamily

Children pay 50% of adult cost or eat free from the ship wide kids menu. UBP can be used.

Rules have changed. Children now pay FULL PRICE if eating of the specialty restaurant menu. They eat free from the kids menu. This has changed months ago.

Harriet

Here is a link to the current a la carte Cagney's menu on the Escape. It's not etched in stone that the menu will be the same on your upcoming cruise, but it will give you an idea. Each person could purchase the 3 day SDP, which is 59 pp, plus 18% or 69.62, which will give you 3 dinners over the course of your cruise without an additional surcharge in either Cagney's, La Cucina, Le Bistro, Moderno or Teppanyaki. If you decide to go the single dinner route, you'll be stuck with the a la carte pricing.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/30967_cagneys_escape_dinner_menu.pdf

I'm still unclear. I've purchased twelve UDP on my upcoming 14 day cruise, and some restaurants were listed as a la carte on the BA. I asked my PCC and he doesn't know this answer: can I have three apps and two desserts ?

I'm still unclear. I've purchased twelve UDP on my upcoming 14 day cruise, and some restaurants were listed as a la carte on the BA. I asked my PCC and he doesn't know this answer: can I have three apps and two desserts ?

Actual experience onboard says yes.